SWIFT Technical Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 06 Apr 18 2018-04-06
Synechron Inc., on behalf a global financial institution, is looking for a Technical Analysts-SWIFT. This role is long-term and based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This role is in a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams.
The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to support SWIFT applications(SWIFT Alliance Access, SWIFT Alliance Gateway, SWIFTNet Link, RMA), infrastructure and services (FIN, FileAct, InterAct, Browse).
- Analyze business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign technical solutions.
- Lead and/or performs analysis efforts.
- Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Perform various application software installation, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
- Monitor system and application changes that have a direct or indirect impact upon SWIFT Services.
- Forecasts system demands and collaborates with the SWIFT Technical support team to recommend expansion and reconfiguration.
- Create or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document,…).
- Communicate changes/upgrades to all customers. May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff. Follow change and problem management policies.
- Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other teams within SWIFT Technology Services, the development team, other technology teams or external vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours occasionally.
- Experience with SWIFT Alliance line of product is necessary.
- Experience with implementing SWIFT services (SWIFTNet, FIN, Interact and FileAct)
- Experience with IT projects
- Knowledge of basic computing principals, security protocols and methods
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Linux) as a user
- Understanding of networking protocols, basic firewall rules.
- Education: Bachelors degree in computer science or related is preferred.
- Knowledge of MT/MX messages
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience with SWIFTNet Browse