Records Management Consultant
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 19 Oct 18
Records Management Consultant
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
We are looking for a Records Management Consultant to join our growing information security team. In this role the selected candidate will operate independently and as part of a team to provide records management support and guidance throughout the organization. This position is both a governance and hands-on role in support of ensuring that company records are being retained and managed according the Records Management policy. This position will report directly to the Records Management Lead.
The scope of the Records Management Consultant role includes providing day-to-day management and accomplishing the tasks associated with maintaining and maturing the Records Management Program. The Records Management Consultant ensures compliance with record retention requirements across the enterprise, coordinates with Records Control Leaders in individual departments to keep records retention schedules and inventories up to date, review all proposed destruction requests and supervise that Records Management controls are properly put in place and functioning as expected.
The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Records Retention Program.
Duties include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Project and program management under the guidance of the Records Management Lead
• Provide input in the review and updating of the Records Management Policy, Procedures
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert for all records retention issues and governance
• Ensure that records are properly recorded, segregated, and destroyed according the Records Management policy
• Work with Records Management vendor(s) to resolve issues
• Maintain Records Management Policy and Procedures
• Work with the Records Management Working Group to present program reporting, and to address open issues
• Conducts and monitors Records Management training
• Manages and assists with the development of employee usage of the Records Retention and policy
management programs, schedules, and general company awareness of how records should be handled and stored
• Works to integrate Records Management related controls within specific technology and business processes
• Coordinates departmental Records Management clean-up campaigns and annual Records Management compliance attestations
• Reporting on program status on a frequent basis and escalation of issues
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Minimum 3-5 years Program Management in Record Retention experience preferably in financial services
• A Certified Information Professional (CIP)
• Experience managing complex and cross functional projects
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, people and technical skills
• Experience updating and implementing a record retention schedule
• Experience guiding organizations thru the process of eliminating redundant, obsolete, and trivial information (ROT)
• Knowledgeable regarding Broker-Dealer Recordkeeping Requirements, FINRA License holder highly preferred
• Program Management experience preferably with a corporate records retention program
• Corporate policy management experience
• Experience using and maintaining program/policy/record retentions systems
• Strong Records Management skillset and a deep understanding of record retention concepts and application strategies
• Bachelor's degree and/or related field experience required, records management certifications highly preferred
Number of Openings: