Quantitative Modeler Mgr 2 Thisindividual will manage a team of analysts responsible for supporting thedevelopment, production, and ongoing maintenance (including tuning andperformance monitoring) of the banks Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Transaction Monitoringsystems. These systems include the Actimize SAM Security Blanket model as wellas multiple targeted monitoring tools developed internally via SAS/SQL. Additionally,this position will oversee testing of monitoring tools including Actimize SAMSecurity Blanket and assist with exposure reviews from law enforcementagencies. This individual will be held accountable for oversight of relateddevelopment of supporting documentation (procedures, development documents,proposals, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) for all programs to be shared with ModelRisk Management, senior leaders, Corporate Audit Services partners andregulatory partners. This manager position will also directly provide guidanceand instruction to direct reports on these topics.
Itis expected that this individual will be highly self-motivated and an effectivemanager of time. This individual willhave proven capabilities in full ownership of analytical projects that requirecommunication and coordination with Technology and Operations Services (TOS),risk managers, business line partners, and alert review resources as well assenior level management. Professional communication skills are crucial, as thisindividual will represent the team to senior leaders, Corporate Audit Services(CAS), and regulatory partners. Essential Functions:
- Possessan awareness of regulatory and U.S. Bank compliance environments as well as aninterest to self-educate on new topics and changing requirements.
- Partnerwith AML alert review teams to understand their workflow and to utilize theirfeedback, where appropriate, to strengthen the quality of the work product.
- Partner with Business Line (BL) contactsand EFCC Risk Managers to fully-understand US Bank product offerings, embeddedBL compliance functions, and where the EFCC FIU team can provide value in termsof risk coverage and mitigation.
- Lead the development and implementationof new transaction monitoring channels per business changes, changes in productrisk scoring, and new product implementation.
- Create professional programdocumentation as it aligns to standards for procedures and model and tool riskgovernance.
- Professionalpresentation skills for audiences including but not limited to seniorleadership, CAS, regulatory and business partners.
- Coordinatetimely response to ad hoc data requests.
- Abilityto provide constructive feedback and daily guidance to direct reports.
- Expert computer skills includingMicrosoft Office suite, Visio, Teradata/Oracle SQL and SAS.
- Bachelor'sdegree in a quantitative field
- 10or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- Master'sor PhD degree in a quantitative field, and eight or more years of experience instatistical modeling
- Working knowledge of AML/BSA regulationsand relevant business systems including Actimize SAM and Actimize eRCM casemanagement tool
- Strongdata compilation, programming skills and qualitative and quantitative analysisskills
- Considerableknowledgeable of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks,competition risks, and risk management approaches
- Demonstratedindependence, team work and leadership skills
- Strongproject management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
North Carolina-NC-Charlotte Work Locations: Job:
U.S. Bank. Shift:
1st - Daytime