- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Public Cloud Solutions Engineer – VP Systems Engineering
Location: Charlotte, NC, USAThe candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This role will report into the global lead for Public Cloud Services within the Infrastructure Services organization working with a team of engineers and consultants. There is an exciting multi-year, IT Transformation Program, focused on re-engineering core ratings publishing technology, business process and workflow optimization, updated content management systems, document management systems and analytic platform frameworks. Moody's Analytics is experiencing infrastructure growth rates of around 35% annually, and there is a big move towards consuming public Cloud infrastructure on AWS and Azure. This role will work in conjunction with engineering tower leads within IT (Infrastructure Services, IT Risk, and Development) and the development organizations within the lines of businesses to engineer solutions on the public Cloud, as well as manage / oversee the daily operations on the Cloud. Below are some core responsibilities of this role.
- Develop and clearly document solutions for the AWS and Azure public clouds while maintaining the security considerations
- Create and improve architecture and design documentation standards
- Responsible for detailed, high-quality documentation and/or presentations that meet the needs of the various stakeholders
- Guide DevOps teams with assessing Cloud readiness of applications and remediation where required
- Facilitate integration of Cloud services with on premise private cloud
- Contribute to multiyear roadmap for adoption of public/hybrid cloud
- Lead detailed engineering design and related activities that cross multiple Infrastructure Engineering disciplines
- Contribute to the multi-year Infrastructure direction and strategy around technologies, tools, capabilities and operating models
- Maintaining a strong understanding of MIT Infrastructure Services Catalog and the Infrastructure Strategy as well as infrastructure capabilities and capacity
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Minimum 8 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area, with at least 2 years' experience with Public Clouds, preferably Azure and AWS
- Very good working knowledge of AWS and Azure public cloud services
- Experience with modern source control software such as Git or SVN.
- Experience working in Agile SDLC with sprints and daily stand-ups.
- Previous experience with infrastructure Engineering and Operations management
- Good understanding of various infrastructure areas such as Server, Virtualization, Storage, Infrastructure Applications, Database and Middleware, Network and Security
- Experience with development of fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable solutions. Solid grasp of high availability, load balancing, disaster recovery solutions, replication and automation technologies
- Technical solution documentation skills including use of Microsoft Visio
- Understanding of operational security concepts for Public Cloud
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.