- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Brighthouse Financial Technology Client Solutions Project Lead is responsible for the management of technology solutions to achieve strategic business goals. This includes the management of large scale, complex application development projects/programs and the management of the technology applications/asset portfolio. The Project Lead works with the business partners to define, design and delivery technology solutions to realize business strategy.
- Identifies and assembles the resources required to support the work
- Facilitates required governance and communications
- Develops and implements projects / programs level guidance
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Manages large complex projects and coordinates the management of multiple related projects
- Leads project teams (virtual, matrix) and applies project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to a project
- Identifies, assembles, assigns responsibilities and interfaces with all areas affected by the project including all key stakeholders and vendors
- Leads project review meetings, documents project status, creates and administers project plans, resolves issues and reports critical items including action plans to management
- Communicates with Project Management counterparts, customers and project stakeholders to ensure continued alignment with project objectives
- Manages assigned resources to ensure on-time competition of planned tasks
- Resolves project issues through direct action or escalation when appropriate
- Collaborates with project team to create and maintain project documentation based on requirements development
- Functional oversight and matrix management
- Provides guidance to members of the project team
- Manages the relationship of vendor sourced solutions and consultants, as necessary
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Proven ability to lead large-scale projects/programs with demonstrated business value
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of translating senior-level direction and corporate risk management policies and procedures into structured, practical, efficient and effective business processes. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Detailed knowledge and/or experience with technology concepts and system development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in various business or technology roles with progressive responsibility
- 3-5 years project and program management experience
- Experience working with Project Portfolio Management tools preferred
- Experience with managing offshore teams and/or vendors preferred
- Financial Services and / or Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Experience working with office automation tools (MS Office, email, Internet, etc.) preferred
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access
- Experienced with technology portfolio and risk management tools and data facilities preferred
- PMP or CSM certification a plus