Operational Risk Manager
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Operational Risk Manager
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition
The Operational Risk Manager will be a key role within the Risk Management team directly supporting the Leader of Operational Risk Management and the Head of Operational Risk and Risk Governance in coordinating operational risk management activities across the first and second lines of defense within the organization. The person will actively support the implementation of the operational risk management program and ensure that the program is carried out consistent with the company's values and strategies. This person will efficiently and effectively monitor operational risk across first and second lines of defense and the adherence to the company's risk appetite.
• Contribute to the design and development of the operational risk management framework and program
• Develop and deliver reports and KRIs to monitor the level of risk vs. tolerance thresholds
• Coordinate with other teams across first and second lines of defense to implement and improve the operational risk management program
• Guide the operational risk assessments of key business processes across the company
• Prepare and present reports for regular and ad hoc executive management and Board meetings
• Coordinate with other teams to collect reportable operational loss events and manage the internal and external Reportable Event Register
• Support the development and ongoing enhancement of the Risk Management Framework
• Support, collaborate and liaise with business leaders and Internal Audit
• Actively participate in corporate GRC (governance, risk and compliance) initiatives
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 8+ years of experience in financial services, or 5+ years of Big 4 consulting experience, with prior experience in operational risk assessment, internal audit or compliance strongly preferred
• Ability to think strategically and assist with the design and implementation of Operational Risk program
• Excellent communication and business writing skills and able to assist in developing and modifying procedural documentation
• Innate desire to provide creative solutions to complex problems
• Ability to analyze the operational risk reports and RCSA results through a critical challenge process and deliver insightful observations
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven track record working independently and within a team
• Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Experience with a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool (e.g., OpenPages) is valued
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deliver high quality results
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Attention to Detail - Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks, through concern for all the areas involved.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values - Creates a culture that promotes the company's values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
Travel will be limited as Charlotte, NC is the corporate headquarters with infrequent travel to operations in Convent Station, NJ and Tampa, FL.
Up to 25%
Number of Openings: