Model Risk Controls Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Model Risk Controls Analyst
Job Location:Charlotte, NC
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Brighthouse Financial' s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) mission is to ensure a comprehensive framework for understanding the risks embedded in and across its businesses, so that the company can manage these risks effectively, evaluate current and future risk challenges and opportunities, and enhance shareholder value.
The primary objectives of the Model Risk Management Group will be to provide effective challenge, manage and mitigate model risks, and maintain model inventory, risk assessment and model control standards. To effectively manage these responsibilities, the successful candidate will work both independently and collaborate as part of a team with significant dependence on relationships with internal audit, corporate actuarial, product actuaries, the treasurer's group, portfolio managers, finance, investment operations and analytical software vendors.
The Model Risk Controls Analyst will be a key role within the Model Risk Management Group, working with Model Risk Governance, Model Validation, and Internal Audit to ensure model development, implementation, and use is successful.
• Provide formal controls design and implementation guidance compliant with company and industry standards.
• Support Model Risk Governance in control testing program development and implementation.
• Collaborate with designated process owners to evaluate model control adequacy and effectiveness.
• Ensure controls evidence is compiled and incorporated with ongoing monitoring plans.
• Recommend process and control improvements following a risk and controls framework.
• Liaise with Model Validation, Internal Audit, and Financial Controls Department.
• Prepare control testing summary reports for management.
• Participate in other model risk governance and risk management related activities as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience within a compliance, risk management, audit, internal controls, or related function.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, risk management, finance, or related field.
- Possesses high degree of detail orientation and sound familiarity with technical data/tools.
- Ability to achieve results by working independently and within a collaborative team.
- Good business acumen and understanding of business processes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite; superior expertise in MS Excel and VBA is preferred.
- Strong ability to perform complex work in a fast-paced organization.