Market Risk Consultant 1
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Market Risk Consultant 1
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,600 stores, 13,000 ATMs, on-line (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We're headquartered in San Francisco, but we're decentralized so every local Wells Fargo location is a headquarters for satisfying our customers' financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 273,000 team members in 42 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses. At the end of the first quarter 2017, Wells Fargo ranked third in assets among U.S. banks.
Our vision: "We want to satisfy all our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially."
The Fiduciary & Investment Risk Oversight Group (FIRO), within Corporate Risk, is responsible for independently overseeing a broad collection of activities and risk types. Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. This role provides credible challenge to the lines of business, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The Investment Risk Oversight Analyst will support the Investment Risk unit of FIRO and contribute to a strong, independent second line of defense function for investment risk oversight within Wells Fargo. The successful candidate will possess strong technical and analytical skills consistent with roles and responsibilities of second line of defense in the Wells Fargo & Co. Risk Management Framework.
Reporting to the Director of Investment Risk Oversight of FIRO's Investment Risk Oversight team, responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing support for Investment Risk Oversight's execution of its risk assessment framework. This will include creation of performance and risk reports, ad-hoc research projects, calculation of metrics, and helping the team identify and quantify risks;
- Assist in drafting Investment Risk standards, policies, and other supporting framework documents;
- Prepare reporting packages and research potential risks for review by Investment Risk Oversight team;
- Execute ad-hoc analysis based on prevailing market events in support of FIRO's Investment Risk Oversight team;
- Conduct exposure, security, and portfolio analysis in support of investment risk and performance analytics processes;
- Review and monitor liquidity risk reports as they are produced from the team's investment risk oversight system;
- Identify areas to improve team efficiency and collaborate with other FIRO team members to implement solutions including automation, new reporting and use of SharePoint website.
- 1+ year of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of maintaining and updating SharePoint team web content
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ years investment management industry experience;
- Progress towards CFA designation, including completion of Level 1 of the exam, is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain ideas in a coherent and consistent manner;
- Ability to employ software tools to create risk and performance reporting;
- Understanding of financial market instruments including fixed income and derivatives.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.