Multifamily Loan Originator - Affordable & Agency Charlotte, NC, United States/en-US/Barings/job/Charlotte--NC-United-States/Multifamily-Loan-Originator---Affordable---Agency_JR_001615-1/apply
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Affordable Multifamily Loan Originations experience, in broad geographic areas. The candidate will bring a solid track record of accomplishments and be connected within the affordable housing industry.
Ideally this candidate will also have a background in originating multifamily loans, senior housing loans and loans for healthcare facilities under programs offered by government and government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs), such as the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae) and the Federal Housing Administration ("FHA"), a division of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Benefits of SOME OF our RE Lending Platform:
- Long term direct balance sheet lender
- Agency lender (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA)
- Non-recourse loan products
- 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 30, 35 and 40-year fixed rate programs
- 30 and 35-year amortization schedules
- Up to 85% LTV
- Competitive interest rates
- Interest-only options are available
- $310 billion company with a solid track record
- Responsible for loan originations and transaction management, including but not limited to preliminary underwriting, structuring, and negotiating.
- Originate Fannie Mae DUS, Freddie Mac, and FHA loans within a market.
- Obtain required preliminary underwriting information.
- Analyze preliminary loan information and provide initial loan sizing, pricing and terms.
- Prepare term sheets and applications as part of the approval process.
- Work with group head to strategize on identifying and winning both balance sheet and agency loans.
- Utilize creative thinking and analytical skills to identify solutions and/or attractive affordable or workforce loan structures.
- Establish strong professional relationships with existing and prospective borrowers.
- Work with borrowers, as needed, to win loan opportunities.
- Act as the Clients central point of contact with respect to all loan issues.
- Ability to skillfully negotiate term sheets and/or commitments.
- Work with local housing agencies and consultants to promote and market company products and platform.
- Collaborate with other members of the investment team to achieve company objectives.
- Bachelors degree required
- 7-10 years of experience with an institutional real estate lender with responsibility for affordable multifamily real estate origination and transaction management.
- Demonstrated origination track record with identifiable client list in affordable housing.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and loan debt sizing for affordable and workforce multifamily loans.
- A general understanding of low-income housing tax credit equity and subordinate financing structures.
- Ability to analyze real estate markets/sub-markets and exit strategy tests at loan maturity.
- Experience in multifamily real estate fundamentals, capital markets, and good working knowledge of current industry practices and market competition.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to model and/or do initial loan sizing
- Skillful negotiating techniques
- Ability to operate autonomously with transparency and integrity
- Dedication to providing excellent service to clients
- Ability to multi-task among various client requests
- Organized, diligent and detail oriented
- Strong client management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and manage relationships with borrowers, construction lenders and consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Meet borrower deadlines and make key recommendations and decisions
- Willingness and ability to travel
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeJR_001615
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.