Liquidity Risk Mgmt Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Reporting directly to the Director of Liquidity Risk Management, this position is responsible for supporting liquidity risk management efforts, including performing enterprise stress testing activities with focus on product liability characteristics and realization of asset sales under various scenarios. This position requires frequent interaction across functions to understand liquidity under various scenarios and support communication efforts with internal and external stakeholders on liquidity matters. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Assist with the liquidity stress testing process in support of the enterprise, including the maintenance of the liquidity stress testing model and alignment of assumptions across the organization
- Design, consolidate, validate, and provide regular reporting of liquidity position and test results to the assistant treasurers, treasurer, and senior leadership
- Support the development of policies and procedures and maintain documentation for the management of liquidity risk and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support development and execution of the liquidity risk governance framework, including documentation of the contingency funding plan
- Develop an understanding the company's liquidity risk position and leverage input from Investments, Finance, and Risk to enhance liquidity stress testing processes and technologies
- Perform analysis to support recommendations to Lines of Business to drive effective liquidity risk management decisions
- Perform analysis on the cost of liquidity supporting product pricing
- Support financial, regulatory, Board of Directors and senior management reporting activities related to liquidity stress testing and liquidity risk management
- 4+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the areas, cash and liquidity management, of liquidity testing, or asset-liability management within large complex financial organizations
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end liquidity management in a financial services or banking environment or related experience that can serve as a foundation to develop liquidity risk management capabilities based on knowledge of product liability and asset characteristics
- Ability to challenge assumptions and results and is comfortable communicating and influencing business partners based on these results
- Experience with Aladdin or other investment management systems or investment accounting
- Expert Excel skills with a proven track record of modling and process improvement.
- Knowledge of financial markets and economics, including complex interactions between economic and operational factors, impact on product performance and financial results, and resulting effect on liquidity position of the company
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline required; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Treasury or investment experience in both life and annuity industry, with an understanding of general account invested assets and/or hedging instruments
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Less than 5%