Lead Business Architect
- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Lead Business Architect
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The formation of Brighthouse Financial as a new company presents a truly unique opportunity for us to do things right the first time. It allows us to architect our environment from ground up. However, doing so requires a solid enterprise business architecture that contributes to the delivery of desired business outcomes and allows Brighthouse Financial to successfully realize its goals and objectives. The timely and effective realization of our goals and objectives is crucial to the success of our company.
The Lead Business Architect is responsible for creating and managing the architecture blueprint that describes the business roles, organization structure, capabilities/functions, services, processes and business information that are necessary for realizing Brighthouse Financial's business vision, goals and objectives. This individual is also responsible for identifying gaps between the baseline and target state business architectures and working with the transformation management office and IT delivery teams in translating them into key business and IT initiatives.
• Creates/maintains the business architecture strategy, framework and methodology
• Works with IT delivery leads in capturing and documenting business vision, goals, objectives
• Creates/maintains the baseline and target state business architecture views which consists of business roles, organization structure,
capabilities/functions, services, processes and business information
• Captures relationships among the various components of the enterprise business architecture
• Links the various components of the enterprise business architecture to business vision, goals, objectives and strategy
• Identifies gaps between the baseline and target states
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 5+ years of experience as an enterprise business architect within the life insurance and annuities industries
• Experience in creating models for representing the various business architecture views
• Experience using an architecture framework such as TOGAF or Zachman
• Proficient in using an enterprise architecture tool such as Alfabet/ARIS, Hopex, BizzDesign or Troux
• Ability to think broadly, strategically and apply abstract architectural concepts at an enterprise level
• Ability to effectively explain/convey business architectural concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management