The Insurance Manager uses relevant knowledge of the insurance industry, insurance concepts and associated products, insurance pricing and contracts, underwriting practices, and/or claims/reporting processes and procedures to protect the Bank's assets, reduce corporate risk and inform insurance purchase decisions.
The Insurance Manager will support management on a broad portfolio of property/casualty, professional management liability, specialty, and surety underwriting coverages. Also, the Insurance Manager may provide consulting as subject matter expert to resolve insurance inquiries for senior management and business units quickly and accurately.
In addition to working with external brokers and insurers, the role will interface with various lines of business across the firm to research, gather and analyze exposure, loss, and trend information. The Insurance Manager will utilize relevant underwriting and claims knowledge to thoroughly analyze product availability, coverage, and pricing to provide recommendations on specific product purchases, structures and counterparties. Additionally, the Insurance Manager will have responsibility for collecting, reviewing and maintaining policy documentation, monitoring insurer credit quality, and providing appropriate management reporting of insurance programs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA degree (Insurance & Risk Management/Finance preferred) or related work experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills, intellectually curious
- Resourceful, able to research information - problem solver
- Excellent communication, teamwork and business partnering skills
- Proven writing skills to all different audience levels
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft computer programs: Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role