Infrastructure Project Manager
Job Description The senior project manager (PM) is expected to manage medium to large-sized Projects and/or Programs that are medium to high-complexity, broad in scope, interdependent, and have medium to long term implementation time frames. The PM works closely with product owners, architects, engineers, vendors/partners, and line of business stakeholders to deliver technology solutions in support of Moody's strategic and tactical initiatives. Primary focus for a PM is to manage control scope, timeline, cost, risk, and communications throughout the project lifecycle in accordance to Moody's internal project management framework.
1. Team member role reports directly to Infrastructure PMO Program Manager.
2. Participates in Moody's organizational events such as Quarterly Offsite and Team Meetings.
3. Represent the values of Moody's and MIT as a professional organization and individually demonstrate professionalism and respect to their team and stakeholders.
4. Continuously improve project management methodologies used within Moody's IT.
5. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Initially, part of a project team to deliver a large infrastructure integration project on time, budget, and scope. Specifically, this will include:
- Management of remote site infrastructure and circuit deployment
- Co-ordination of the testing and commissioning of the remote infrastructure
- Management of an application migration process, moving applications from within a data centre into a cloud environment
- Management of the decommission of two datacentres (-post application migration)
- Oversee/manage all phases of projects from initiation to closure with full adherence and alignment with Moody's internal project management framework.
- Develop / track/ manage required project documentation and provide reporting cadence and distribution structure aligned with stakeholder expectations.
- Align and combine mutually exclusive projects into programs where applicable.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality requirements and are clearly documented.
- Develop and assign resourcing to activities, monitor performance.
- Manage escalations, project/scope/requirement changes, and RAID logs to ensure adequate attention to impediments with potential impact to time/quality/resources.
- Manage communications to all levels of stakeholders, proper issue tracking/reporting, and stakeholder validation of project progress / new business.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead efforts to communicate and implement them.
- Participate in group portfolio planning and prioritization efforts and accurately capture and communicate project priorities.
- Participate in vendor selection processes (including RFPs and Pricing) and manage against deliverables (including SOWs, change management, approval of deliverables).
- Partner with stakeholders to identify areas of improvement to increase customer satisfaction and decrease incidents / requests
- Mentor and help to develop less experienced Project Managers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience in a related industry, specifically with technology infrastructure integration
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented in project management with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through
- Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications required
- Managing project budgets and reporting
- Proven leadership abilities across all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a firm commitment to quality
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.