IT Operations Analyst
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The IT Service Management team seeks to bring on an IT Operations Analyst who will serve a vital role in supporting our IT infrastructure and application teams as we scale and mature our production support functions. This individual will report to the Service Integration and Management (SIAM) lead. This individual will support onboarding teams and vendors into our operational readiness efforts across all Brighthouse Financial 100+ IT projects. This includes driving alignment across all projects to fit standard Brighthouse IT Service Management practices, from all new project/SaaS on-boarding through existing. Additionally, this individual will work with IT and business teams to understand the function of solutions, help develop and review production support use cases (e.g. use cases that result in incidents), and onboard solutions to our event management and monitoring solutions.
As the Brighthouse IT Service Management function matures and evolves, our team members will begin serving as a IT Operations liaison to our IT teams (Infrastructure, Security, and our application portfolios). Each team member, including this role, will be the key point of contact for a designated IT team and will serve as their conduit back into the IT organization. While IT Service Management team members will retain their roles, they will form a partnership with teams to better represent their IT services and help them navigate the IT Service Management organization. This role will begin serving a specific group through regular weekly and monthly meetings in early 2020. Key Responsibilities:
The IT Operations Analyst will support the entire set of Brighthouse Financial SaaS Provider projects. He/She will be expected to lead meetings with our respective project IT Solution Owners/Teams in order to drive operational readiness actions and deliverables. He/She will be responsible for ensuring all operational runbook documentation is completed and stored within our Brighthouse ServiceNow instance and/or appropriate central repository site. Furthermore, he/she will help drive monitoring solution identification and execution, using new Brighthouse Financial monitoring tools. Overall responsibilities of the IT Operations Analyst include but are not limited to:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Complete Operational Readiness Support Runbooks with IT Teams
- Documentation of requirements for solutions to be onboarded into the Brighthouse monitoring and event management platforms
- Support continuous improvement efforts to improve the Brighthouse Financial monitoring and event management functions.
- Providing additional support to IT Services Integration and Management Leadership as required
- Supporting IT Services Integration and Management with developing and implementing strategic goals for the program
- Maintaining an open line of communication with the IT Services Integration and Management Lead and escalating items as appropriate
- 0-2 years of experience is desired within IT service management, infrastructure, or general IT functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with executive stakeholders is preferred, including ability to present to both IT and Business members, but not required
- Works well in a team environment and can leverage resources when needed
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage large amounts of data.
- Generalized technical knowledge in event management and monitoring tool operation and setup
Less than 5%