IT Delivery Technical Lead - Corporate Solutions
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Brighthouse Financial Corporate Solutions Technical Lead is responsible for the technical design, implementation, oversight and future strategic roadmap of technical solutions to achieve strategic business objectives reporting to the Head of Corporate Solutions. This includes technical leadership across multiple corporate solutions technology applications / platforms / assets, with primary focus on SAP solutions. Oversees application landscape and how integration, data, infrastructure and security are implemented and managed for those solutions across the end-to-end IT architecture. Ensures technical strategy materialized, working with technology and business partners to ensure solutions are defined, prioritized, designed, delivered and maintained with a simple and low-cost footprint. Key Responsibilities:
- Establishes a technical vision; ensuring the teams (development / configuration / engineering) turn the vision into reality. Sets and ensures alignment to technology strategy with Technology partners. Develops technical strategy, oversees architectural impact, designs solutions, and ensures delivery is consistent; aligning outputs to the highest strategic priorities. Assesses technical fit of solution suitably for business objectives, for now and for the future - balancing standardization and innovation.
- Leads technical design, development, integration and delivery, responsible for the quality of the technical deliverables. Designs and implements technology capabilities to ensure benefit realization; managing relationships with partners to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, met and managed. Responsible for solution strategy, design, development and implementation across scope, timeline and cost. Defines technical estimation model, review technical estimates provided by technology partners and delivery team to ensure optimization of change and delivery effort.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Monitors design / development for significant deviations; invokes contingency plans when necessary. Troubleshoots and leads resolution of technical issues. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews code / configuration deliverables. Works to identify improvements, while ensuring optimization of expenses. Leads technical reviews in partnership with Architecture, Delivery, Data & Analytics, Infrastructure, Security and Application Managed Service partners. Applies leadership and management in a technical context.
- As a hands-on engineer, ensures how staff and contractors develop and maintain technology is aligned with Brighthouse's technology strategy and guiding principles. Leads technical solutioning to closure across partners, resolves technical challenges, understands and presents pros and cons when decisions are made - and is watchful of technical decisions that have long-term consequences.
- Focuses primarily on SAP S/4, Financial Products Subledger (FPS), Enterprise Information Management (EIM), Business Objects and Fiori solutions supporting corporate solutions and data and analytics; ensuring future state platforms are implemented to realize the business and technology architectures in a timely manner to facilitate timely TSA exits.
- Maintains knowledge of technology roadmaps, vendor application roadmaps, industry trends and shares knowledge of risks, opportunities and services available to build a competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- Leads, manages, motivates and develops staff and contractors in a matrixed environment; identifying and addressing technical training and development needs. Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale.
- Proven track record for designing, developing and implementing large-scale technology solutions with extensive technical depth and breadth
- Extensive knowledge of applicable software, data, infrastructure and security products / services. Experience in development tools / languages including Hana Studio, ABAP, BAPI's and RFC's.
- Executive level technical experience with ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Superior customer relationship, communications, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills; extensive experience with partnering with and managing vendors and consultants / contractors desired. Experience implementing BPO and SaaS solutions in Cloud and / or working in Agile methodology preferred.
- Strong technical expert with demonstrated sound business judgment. Analytic and strategic thinker / problem-solver capable of translating senior-level direction into structured, practical, efficient and effective recommendations / solutions. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of broad and deep experience in technology roles (including application development, architecture, and engineering) with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry; experience managing teams preferred
- Drives Results - Delivers against aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, driving change and adhering to high standards.
Key Relationships :
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Models our Values - Creates a culture that promotes the company's values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Reports to: Delivery Leader
- Direct reports/team : Oversight (direct and / or matrixed management) of solution providers, business / system integration teams and pooled resources (Business System Analysts, Architects, Solution Owners, Quality Management)
Up to 25%