Global Risk Development Program (QMAP) - 2023
What would you like the power to do?
At Bank of America, we value being a Great Place to Work®. We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better.
Bank of America provides a diverse range of banking and nonbanking financial services and products domestically and internationally in more than 35 countries . Global Quantitative Analytics Program Overview:
The Quantitative Management Analyst Program focuses on the application of quantitative methods to solve complex business challenges. As an Analyst, you will gain real, in-depth experience and be provided micro and macro views of risk management for the bank. You will determine solutions to business problems by applying quantitative methods to specific financial challenges.
Quantitative analyst roles span across the enterprise with the majority falling under Global Risk. However, the breadth of these roles provides quant talent with exposure to various lines of business as well as a holistic view of our operations and decision making processes.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, events, and mentorship throughout. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
A Day in the Life
- Bank-provided trainings focused on Credit Risk and Regulators, Data Literacy, Market Risk Management, and more
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Enterprise Executive Speaker Series
- Diversity & Inclusion Employee Networks - LEAD for Women, Black Professional Group, LGBT+ Pride, and more
- Continuous Educational Speakers and Events
- Networking Events
The Quantitative Management Analyst Program is a two-year development program in which participants rotate through two, one-year rotations across the enterprise. As an Analyst, you will be placed into rotations where your primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Quantitative Analytics Opportunities
- Developing emerging risk assessments and analyzing credit risk scenarios
- Quantitative modeling, including building forecast models, pricing models, and stress test models
- Conducting research and analysis to provide a micro view of risk management in a particular business line and a macro view of risk management for the bank as a whole
- Assessing market trends and providing quantitative data for internal partners and ultimately, clients
- Applying quantitative knowledge to specific financial challenges and projects specific to your business alignment
- Implementing solutions applying both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Networking with risk executives and key stakeholders to cultivate meaningful relationships across various lines of business
The Quantitative Analytics Development Program assigns analysts to teams across the enterprise. Rotational opportunities include positions supporting various business groups, such as the below:
o Global Risk Analytics
o Corporate Treasury
o Enterprise Credit Risk
o Data, Digital & Global Marketing
o Model Risk Management
o Global Market & Financial Risk
o Enterprise Independent Testing
o Global Compliance and Operational Risk
*Team assignments are developed based on business need and aligned to skillset and therefore cannot be guaranteed. Qualifications
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an undergraduate or masters degree from an accredited college or university. Eligible candidates must have a graduation timeframe between December 2022 and June 2023.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher is preferred
- Common areas of study include but are not limited to:
o Computer Science
o Quantitative Finance
o Operations Research
o Other STEM majors
- Candidates must have an understanding of Python, as well as other program applications including but not limited to SQL, R, and/or C++.
- Candidates should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a drive for operational excellence, and a commitment to achieving sustainable results. Additionally, candidates should hold strong academic skills and technical skills in Microsoft Office. Candidates should also show proficiencies in leadership, teamwork, problem solving & analytical skills, verbal and written communication, and professionalism.
- Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.