Finance Management Analyst Program (FMAP) - 2023
What would you like the power to do?
At Bank of America, we value being a Great Place to Work®. We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better.
Bank of America provides a diverse range of banking and nonbanking financial services and products domestically and internationally in more than 35 countries . Chief Financial Officer Group Overview
The Finance Management Analyst Program (FMAP) will introduce you to Bank of America and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group. The CFO Group is responsible for the overall financial management of our company - financial and regulatory reporting, balance sheet management, financial planning and analysis, treasury, investor relations, corporate investments, and tax. Finance Management Analyst Program Overview
The Finance Management Analyst Program (FMAP) is a two-year rotational development program that focuses on financial and management accounting, corporate finance, strategic finance, and internal treasury functions within Bank of America. The FMAP program provides analysts with the opportunity to move through two rotational assignments within the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group, partnering with different internal business functions including the Front Office, Human Resources, Risk and Audit. This rotational process helps analysts develop a solid knowledge base of the functional areas of the CFO Group and a broad range of skills. When analysts complete the program, they have a better idea of areas they are interested in within CFO and have a unique set of skills to take with them to their next role.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, events, and mentorship throughout. Our goal is for analysts to participate in a variety of activities designed to build business acumen, foster teamwork, encourage networking, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
These opportunities include but are not limited to:
A Day in the Life
- Bank-provided trainings focused on Data Analysis and Acquisition, Mechanics of a Bank, Executive Ready Presentations and more
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Enterprise Executive Speaker Series
- Diversity & Inclusion Employee Networks - LEAD for Women, Black Professional Group, LGBT+ Pride, and more
- Continuous Educational Speakers and Events
- Networking Events
- Community Service Opportunities
The FMAP rotational program is structured as two, one-year rotations across different functions within the CFO Group. The program gives participants a glimpse into the overall financial management of our company, our vision, and our culture. As an FMAP Analyst, your primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Finance Management Opportunities
- Forecasting financial and non-financial trends
- Developing models and performing financial analysis of business investments
- Supporting the corporation's internal planning and management accounting functions
- Presenting financial data and analysis to business partners and key stakeholders
- Utilizing emerging technologies to simplify and improve processes across the CFO Group
- Networking with finance executives to cultivate meaningful relationships across various lines of business
- Advancing leadership skills by leading and/or participating in projects and committees
- Exposure to established FMAP alumni network
The Finance Management Analyst Program provides opportunities across different functions of the CFO Group. Rotations include supporting various business groups, such as the below:
o Corporate Treasury
o Global Financial Control
o Global Banking and Markets
o Strategic Forecasting and Expense Management
o Consumer & Wealth Management Finance
o Staff Support
o Global Technology and Operations Finance
*Rotations are developed based on business need and aligned to skillset and therefore cannot be guaranteed. Qualifications
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an undergraduate degree or a Master of Accounting from an accredited college or university. Eligible candidates must have a graduation timeframe between December 2022 and June 2023.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher is preferred
- Common areas of study include but are not limited to:
o Business Administration
o Information Systems
o Other related majors
- Candidates should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a drive for operational excellence, and a commitment to achieving sustainable results. Additionally, students should hold strong academic and technical skills in Microsoft Office as well as show proficiencies in leadership, teamwork, problem solving & analytical skills, verbal and written communication, and professionalism.
- Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
- Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.