Enterprise Capital Management - Senior Financial Analyst
Capital is the foundation upon which Bank of America runs its business, invests, takes risk and generates returns for shareholders. The Enterprise Capital Management (ECM) team was formed in 2011 to provide expertise in the management of the Company's capital position. The group was created in response to the evolving regulatory environment including the implementation of the Basel III capital framework. In addition, ECM was formed to execute the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) stress tests administered by the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) on the largest Bank Holding Companies.
The Capital Calculations & Line of Business Capital Management team is part of the Enterprise Capital Management organization. The primary focus of our team is to calculate, analyze and communicate Regulatory and Allocated Capital, including calculation of pro forma capital for any upcoming regulations (e.g. Basel 4) focusing on Retail products. Our business partners include the lines of business, Risk, Technology, Data Management, Finance and Middle Office.
Key priorities for our team are monthly calculations and reporting of Regulatory and Economic Capital, design and produce reports of capital and RWA results, quarterly capital forecast, regulatory capital model implementation, variance commentary, UAT cycles, transaction advisory, and ad-hoc impact analysis.
The candidate will join a dynamic environment that offers numerous opportunities to learn, grow, impact and drive changes for the Company. In particular, the candidate will:
- Be familiar with the capital requirements under Basel 3 rules and their practical application for the Company and Lines of Businesses
- Be responsible for the monthly calculation and analysis of Regulatory and Economic capital and risk-weighted assets (RWA)
- Be responsible for reporting and/or analysis activities to support the Bank's Capital Initiatives. Activities may include analyzing regulatory capital results; interpreting regulatory requirements in the context of a business problem; developing solutions; managing and/or executing implementation.
- Be responsible for investigating and explaining period-over-period capital and balance sheet movements
- Focus on team coordination and process improvements working with internal and external technology partners
- Understand changing regulatory capital framework and its impact on business, including the management of capital, also in consideration of liquidity, stress testing and strategic planning
- Foster relationships with partners in capital management, business and finance to resolve capital questions, provide strategic guidance and communicate capital usage
- Work closely with the modeling team on new model implementations and model updates.
- Work closely with the Data Management team to resolve data quality issues
The team is composed of employees located mostly in New York, Charlotte and San Francisco.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial organization (capital experience is preferable)
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills
- Experience with SQL and working with large databases
- Experience in preparing concise and effective presentations, including the ability to explain results of complex analysis at a level that resonates across many different audiences
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Results oriented with the ability to remain flexible in the face of changing priorities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Basel III regulatory capital rules
- Experience with Python coding and working with large databases
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role