Enterprise Cloud Architect Charlotte, NC, United States/en-US/Barings/job/Charlotte--NC-United-States/Enterprise-Cloud-Architect_JR_002080/apply
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Enterprise Cloud Architect
Department: GIS - Technology
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Barings is a $327+ billion* global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 1,800 associates and offices in 16 countries. Learn more at www.barings.com.
*as of March 31, 2020
This role is responsible for defining, implementing and communicating the vision of the Barings Hybrid Cloud platform architecture and services that support Barings business strategies. This individual will provide strategic and architectural leadership, oversight, guidance and support to align cloud capabilities and services with the needs of the enterprise. They will lead a community consisting of solution architects and engineers and will serve as the technical leader to design, innovate, and roadmap long-term Cloud and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) strategies.
- Technically leads Cloud Center-of-Excellence (CoE), Architecture, and public/private hybrid cloud services
- Facilitates the cloud lifecycle journey aligning to Agile, DevOps and ITIL with a strong metrics and analytical mindset to drive automation and self-service technology
- Leads the architecture practice and sets strategic direction around IaC to ensure that technology automation and orchestration is in alignment with business strategies, capabilities, and platform governance
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling software defined toolsets predicated on continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD/CMP) such as: vRA, Rightscale, Morpheus, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Partners with cross-functional teams to roadmap technology & business capabilities into executables, as well as to improve efficiencies and reduce operating expenses
- Accountable for identifying, designing, building, and implementing API services and having end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction, delivery effectiveness, and cost transparency
- Establishes, communicates, and drives end-to-end executable technology into a reusable code/template and multi-cloud model while promoting agility and ease-of-use
- Develops Infrastructure services roadmaps to enable innovation that creates business value in alignment with Barings strategy and operating model
- Provides expertise in the areas of cloud when consulting with partners to determine technical requirements, feasibility, cost, and performance
- Strategizes with peers to develop outcomes based services functionality, scalability, and technology
- Collaborates with application architecture teams to develop collaborative designs, solutions, and alternatives to enable application innovation and delivery
- Designs and implements multi-tiered/cross-cloud solutions that are highly available and resilient
- Implements/integrates cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation, and elasticity of environments
- Works with engineering teams to accelerate software delivery
- Maintains deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud and related technologies
- Works closely with other technology teams to identify dependencies and collaboration needs (business applications, dev/ops, digital applications, network, infrastructure, architecture and delivery).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Application/solution architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) in an enterprise environment
- Leadership experience in a technical environment, preferably in a high performing service environment with quantifiable results
- Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between technology and the applications/services
- Extensive experience across a diverse spectrum of IT disciplines including Cloud (Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP), IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes, SDDC, SDN, IT Automated Delivery, and Data Center
- Extensive experience with DevOps, TOGAF, ITIL and Agile process methodologies
- Extensive service management and service delivery experience with global companies
- Ability to see the "big picture" across private and public hosted technology services, identity management, security, network, enterprise storage and data, end user experience, and training/education
- Experience implementing automated software and cloud integration (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience designing, building, and implementing API gateways and micro-services architectures
- Extensive experience managing multi-year MSPs globally improving quality while reducing cost
- Extensive experience overseeing highly diverse technical teams globally, leading innovation & cloud transformation
- Ability to communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Familiarity with graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeJR_002080
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.