Director of Business Development
Director, Business Development, National Market
Requisition #: 47720
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Charlotte, NC
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Business Development, National Market to join our Business Development Organization.
- Build and manage relationships and opportunities in upper segment of the middle market, while coordinating and converting sales in the middle/lower through maintaining high levels of solution and service knowledge about KPMG's national market offerings
- Effectively manage the business opportunities and pipeline at assigned accounts to help ensure KPMG is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing high quality services
- Develop relationships with client level executives and other buying influences at assigned accounts, including the use of social strategies
- Coordinate relationship building activities with appropriate market leaders, partners, engagement managers, subject-matter professionals, and other KPMG personnel in an effort to help ensure they are well advised on important matters
- Meet specific business development goals at assigned accounts and report and measure progress against quarterly goals with national and industry leadership and performance manager
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal team with regard to solutions, selling, competitive landscape, and related matters
- Minimum of ten years of demonstrated experience with complex sales cycles related to managed solutions and services in cloud-enabled environment, including experience working with digital (inside) sales teams
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Business or a related field or equivalent experience, big-4 experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business transactions based on trust, confidence, and results
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new or on-going business opportunities and ability to leverage Customer Relationship Management tools to manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Proven track record of driving professional services sales in a hunting environment, relationship building, and demonstrated use of social media in this pursuit
- Intellectually curious, willing and excited to learn about new solutions and services that our client may value
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.