Digital Servicing Product Owner
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Digital Servicing team at Brighthouse Financial is responsible for delivering experiences which enable Advisors and Clients to more effectively manage their accounts online. The product owner role will partner closely with business and technology stakeholders from our functional areas (Marketing, Distribution, Technology, Operations, Compliance, Legal, etc.) to define and prioritize the online servicing product backlog. The individual will combine their expertise in the domain of financial services, marketing, and self-service operations, with their passion for building high-quality software in a dynamic and collaborated start-up environment, to deliver user-centric solutions that better serve our customers through innovation, effectiveness and efficiency.
The Product Owner role will report into the Director of Digital Servicing and will work closely with leaders and stakeholders from across the company, as well as external strategic partners. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Facilitate the prioritization and execution of a product roadmap for delivering (and enhancing upon) a new online servicing platform used by Advisors, Clients, and internal operations.
- Lead discussion with cross-functional teams to reach consensus on key decisions and deliverables, and from those discussions, write well-defined user stories, use-cases, acceptance criteria, and quality measures for the features to be released within each product increment.
- Create, refine, prioritize and maintain a product backlog with features that maximize the value of the product, while also ensuring the needs of its users and the company are met.
- Daily engagement with a dedicated agile development team, and active participation in all scrum events & activities (e.g. program increment planning, sprint planning, sprinting, sprint review, sprint retrospective, daily stand-up's, etc.).
- Definition and continuous measurement of key indicators which assess the overall health of the program, and ongoing communication to project stakeholders regarding project status, impediments or blockers, and progress towards delivering against the forecasted plan.
- The responsibilities of this position are not limited to this description. The incumbent may also be called on to perform relevant duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required: preferred focus in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 10+ years total work experience
- Minimum 8 years' experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master supporting a digital product in an Agile development environment with a working knowledge of lean and agile values, principles and practices, and SFDC platform experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability of managing large-scale implementations for highly complex projects in a matrixed environment.
- Proficiency with agile project management tools (CA Agile Central, JIRA, etc.), and Microsoft Office suite.
- Individual is self-organizing, self-managing, detail-oriented with a strong business sense and excellent communication skills - also a good negotiator who is decisive, flexible, and open-minded, with an innate ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep projects on track.
- Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Prior experience within the financial services industry, working within Salesforce platforms (preferably Communities) highly desired, and a working knowledge of life insurance and annuity products a plus.
None Number of Openings: