Data Management Product Owner
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Data Management Product Owner
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Enterprise Business Intelligence function is accountable for how Brighthouse Financial defines, disseminates, and utilizes the wealth of data that we collect about our products, customers, processes, and marketplace. The function is responsible for the technologies and infrastructure required for the organization to create BI reports, dashboards, scorecards, and other descriptive analytics.
The Product Owner role will partner with business stakeholders from our functional teams (Actuary, Investments, Treasury, Tax, HR, Compliance, Finance, Marketing, Distribution, etc.) to define and prioritize the Data and Application Integration platform backlog. They will combine expertise in the domain of data warehousing and business intelligence and apply Agile principles to deliver innovative integration solutions solutions.
This role will report into the AVP of Enterprise Data Management, and will work closely with senior leaders and key business intelligence stakeholders from our business units.
- Develop a vision and product backlog for an Enterprise Data asset that will be used for analytic purposes and for delivering a single-version-of-truth for downstream consumers
- Develop a product backlog for data and application integration workload required for Brighthouse Financial to stand up numerous new transactional systems
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and the team to define and communicate the product roadmap
- Lead Sprint Planning meetings; explain feature/story priorities and requirements to the Agile team
- Define sprint / iteration objectives
- Prepare the product backlog for the upcoming 2-3 iterations / sprints
- Works with business stakeholders to prioritize the Product Backlog to maximize ROI
- Write well-defined User Stories/Use Cases and acceptance criteria
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong communicator, good negotiator, good business sense, decisive, trustworthy, proactive, flexible and open-minded
- Ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep the project on track
- Skills required: Story writing, story splitting, prioritization, focus on real business need and objectives
- Working knowledge of lean and agile values, principles and practices
- Demonstrated work experience of agile/scrum methodology
- Proficiency with a variety of agile project management tools (Rally, JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and/or BA in an Agile development environment
- Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required: preferred focus in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Number of Openings