People & Culture CoordinatorGrant Thornton1/8/2020 8:17:18 AMJOB ID: 045821Specialty: Charlotte, North Carolina Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a key member of Grant Thornton’s People & Culture Advisor team providing delivery and support for HR operational matters. This role will support firm-wide and Service Line based HR/Talent goals and objectives, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and initiative in the execution of duties while ensuring compliance with risk and regulatory matters.
The HR Coordinator role will reside in Charlotte, NC and will provide transactional and operational support to Grant Thornton’s Audit Service Line as well as the Charlotte/Southeast Region offices. Aligned around efficiency and delivery excellence, the HR Coordinator will provide prompt, efficient and distinctive service to internal clients in response to transactional and operational events occurring throughout the employee life cycle.
· Provides support to HR Business Partners, operating typically at a transactional level and responds appropriately to time-sensitive HR/Talent needs.
· Processes HR/Talent life cycle transactions for assigned geography including new hire processing/onboarding, initial review of background checks and escalating questions as needed, processing approved compensation changes and bonus awards, processing status-changes, preparing paperwork for job requistions and employee transfers and exits.
· Act as initial point of contact to respond to questions regarding various benefits programs, education assistance and other firm policies. Escalate to HRBPs and National Benefits on potential risk matters (FMLA, CFRA, ADA, etc).
· May act as liaison in Leaves of Absense administration with national benefits team, including tracking of protected leaves.
· Administer Workers Comp Claims and OSHA reporting under general direction of Safety Team.
· Provides support to the HR/Talent embedded Talent team and business stakeholders in collecting, compiling and coordinating information and helping implement local tasks and programs.
· Assists embedded HR/Talent team with coordination for planning and roll-out of annual recurring HR/Talent programs such as performance management, compensation planning, and other non-recurring project-related work throughout the year.
· Interfaces with other HR/Talent functional areas such as compensation/benefits, payroll, mobility, talent acquisition, HR analytics in support of assigned geography.
· Working as a team, makes suggestions for efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations. Works proactively, anticipating and addressing needs, and collaborating with HRBPs before they are raised by our clients.
· Coordinates with HR analytics function to ensure collection and distribution of standard reports on HR/Talent metrics to support various business compliance needs such as compliance tracking for Independence, CPE, time policies, spotlights, partner scorecards, certifications, CPA pass bonus eligibility and processing, collection of NDNS agreements , AICPA membership, PCAOB compliance, etc.
· Coordinates and drafts communications recognizing new hires, exits, promotions and other lifecycle events as approved.
· Ensures compliance with GT HR/Talent policies and compliance initiatives; coordinates maintainence of required legal postings and personnel files.
· A business-minded administrative professional with at least two years’ experience in an HR Coordinator or specialist role with demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative.
· A strong team player with the ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders.
· Credible, adaptable, and someone who demonstrates strong initiative and ownership.
· Highly professional, results driven, with strong desire to continue learning to broaden knowledge, insight, and perspective, while focusing on foundational day to day support activities.
· Able to prioritize and be effective in supporting remote clients and multiple HR/Talent leaders as needed. Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to react positively and quickly to sudden and unpredictable change.
· Experienced with HR and business technologies and applications, applying them as required.
· Ability to recognize potential problems and risk areas and escalate them to supervisors.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and behave professionally
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Minimum 2 years associate degree or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's degree a plus.
· Exposure to federal and state employment/labor and benefit leave laws a plus.
· Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, and strong attention to detail.
· Solid PC skills with proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000+ employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 045821
Charlotte, NC Charlotte, North Carolina
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.