Consultant, Revenue Cycle
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to join our growing Healthcare Practice. We are seeking a candidate with industry knowledge and professional services experience providing revenue cycle consulting services. You will work with a select group of professionals in an entrepreneurial environment to provide consulting services to include:
- Revenue cycle operation improvement/optimization
- Community health needs assessments
- Financial planning, modeling and feasibility studies
- Managed care contracting
- Business Transformation
- Operational assessments, including quality and benchmarking
- Strategic planning
- Analyze and document provider revenue cycle processes, while focusing on specific areas of concern identified by using current revenue cycle methodologies.
- Understand and provide best practice revenue cycle guidance and recommendations for provider revenue cycle operations.
- Lead small teams and projects that support overall consulting engagements.
- Recognize and identify revenue cycle process challenges or opportunities in a provider setting and escalate concerns timely.
- Work directly with provider departments, as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or other relevant degree. MBA or master’s degree in healthcare highly desired.
- Minimum of one year healthcare revenue cycle experience, consulting experience preferred. Relevant industry experience may substitute previous consulting requirement.
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Access based applications and environments (MySQL, SQL, and/or SPSS a plus).
- Experience with workflow automation toolsets (e.g. Ontario Systems Artiva) strongly desired.
- Understanding of process mapping and workflow redesign preferred.
- Understanding of revenue cycle systems and operations highly desired.
- Experience with third-party payors, denials management, and claims processing preferred.
- Experience with project management and process improvement methodologies as well as proven written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, ability to work in a fast paced, and deadline driven environment across multiple units.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide excellent client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Willingness to travel as required, up to 100% for client engagements.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed for client engagements.