Business Initiatives Sr. Mgr - COO Change Management
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo US
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Business Initiatives Sr. Mgr - COO Change Management
Wholesale Banking Chief Operating Office (COO) has been created to enable all Wholesale Lines of Business through a consolidated shared services model to drive consistency, efficiency, profitable growth, and an exceptional customer experience.
The many initiatives being led by the COO, and in partnership with the Wholesale Lines of Business, could be characterized as transformative in nature, global in design, highly focused on driving both efficiency and effectiveness throughout our business, structured to drive consistent process and policy from the WF corporate functions down into our businesses, and creating a great deal of positive change in all areas of our business.
This key role will report to a senior leader of Wholesale Business Solutions with a strong aligned connection into the centralized Wells Fargo center of excellence supporting Change Management strategy and methods.
The Business Initiatives Senior Manager role is accountable for leadership and oversight of multiple change management efforts across Wholesale COO work streams tasked with strategizing, planning and executing the implementation of the Wholesale shared services model. The change leader will be a part of a hub and spoke model where they will be responsible for ensuring the Wholesale change team aligns to the enterprise change methodology, tools and reporting model. This leader will lead the change management efforts initiated by the Wholesale incremental, operational and internal project changes for Wholesale in partnership with the Wholesale PMO leader and team.
This role will be responsible for:
- Partner with the Wells Fargo change management enterprise team and Wholesale Banking leadership team to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflicts and ensure alignment between Wholesale COO objectives and Wells Fargo change management strategies and policies.
- Manage a team of Business Initiative Change Consultants to assign and implement change consulting initiatives.
- Ensure the team of Business Initiative Change Consultants deliver strong change practice and capabilities that align with enterprise methodology and tools.
- Continue development and business acumen of consultants to deepen change capability.
- Align with group PMO to ensure awareness of change efforts that are coming that require change support and partner with enterprise team to determine level of change effort (transformative, operational or incremental).
- Demonstrate Change Leadership in the Wholesale space to encourage One Wells Fargo culture behaviors and ensure an innovative and inclusive environment for team members.
- Act as a working manager in leading consulting initiatives in direct partnership with business leaders, assigned project managers, and subject matter experts to develop impact analyses, business readiness assessments and stakeholder communication management to ensure the appropriate development of an implementation roadmap and successful execution. This will include building and articulating a 'Case for Change' to mobilize and align leadership across our work stream, within the COO organization, and across the Wholesale Banking organization.
- Work in close partnership with Corporate Communications to develop and implement a Wholesale Banking-wide communication strategies and communication plans in support of individual initiatives.
- Partner with Human Resources to support all change management actions relative to organization design changes including assessing the change impacts of talent movement, working with HR and the leader to build a communication cascade for announcements, and supporting team effectiveness activities once the team has "landed".
- Partner with Wells Fargo Learning and Development in executing training needs assessments, building training program scope documentation, partnering with learning and developing professionals to initiate the build and deployment of programs, staying closely aligned to training professionals to ensure successful delivery and learning, and guiding training intervention measurement activities to ensure that learning was transferred. We will also look to this role to partner with Learning and Development to plan post-training rollout programs to support reinforcement training and the onboarding of new individuals to the Wholesale Banking organization.
- Establish change management KPIs for team performance and continuously measure, track, report, and optimize strategies and tactics to ensure the value realized through this effort is sustained.
- Ensure plans/programs adhere to appropriate Change Management policies and governance.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Change management certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience leading transformational change management initiatives including culture, strategy, structure, people, process, and systems change management. In this role, you will be required to leverage your proven experience in all disciplines.
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals.
- Strong change leadership and courage
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working on cross-functional, large-scale change management and workforce, transformation initiatives, plus ability to influence without direct authority and support virtual team to achieve successful business outcomes
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with senior level leadership
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, developing and implementing processes .
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable enterprise wide strategies and initiatives.
- Experience problem solving using systems thinking skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, matrixed environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.