Balance Sheet Strategy Analyst - Charlotte
Job Description : Job Description
The Balance Sheet Strategy Analyst will support Corporate Treasury's goals of providing valuable information and recommendations for balance sheet strategy direction. The analyst will coordinate with groups within Treasury & Corporate Finance, as well as within the lines of business, to deliver actionable materials to senior management.
- Develop ongoing reporting and monitoring of the Bank's portfolios, including: loan types, liquid investment securities, client deposit products, and wholesale borrowings including debt issuances.
- Analyze products and instrument types which the Bank should consider for future growth; perform quantitative financial analysis within the constraints of large banking organizations capital & liquidity regulatory measures.
- Perform valuations to understand which lines of business provide the most profitable returns; present these findings to senior and executive management.
- Support financial modeling exercises with peer bank analysis to understand the strengths and weaknesses of other institutions and how these findings can be used to further strengthen the Bank's profitability metrics.
- Occasionally perform financial valuations of the potential acquisition and divestiture of certain portfolios and business lines.
This is a multi-level position. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2 years of related experience .Ability to interpret financial and non-financial information into business improvement ideas required. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to key clients in a concise and useful manner. Ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents. Awareness of industry competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and other banks in the market. Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations.
Master's degree or MBA and 3 years of related experience. Previous experience in the banking industry. Expected proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint as well as strong presentation skills. Working knowledge of data gathering & modeling tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, QRM) a plus. Prior experience in mergers & acquisitions, valuation, corporate treasury or financial modeling preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf