Audit Director - Operational Risk
Job Description : Job Description
SunTrust Bank is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services institutions. SunTrust Audit Services (SAS) is an integral and active part of a dynamic risk management environment at SunTrust Bank. SAS contributes to SunTrust's success by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and recommending improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of governance and control processes.
SunTrust is seeking an Audit Director to lead the Operational Risk Internal Audit coverage team. This audit professional will be a member of the Risk Management Internal Audit Senior Leadership Team, and will be responsible for building and maintaining senior business relationships and leading the development, planning and performance of audits focused on all aspects of the Operational Risk Management Framework including risk and control self-assessments, ops loss analysis, change risk management, vendor risk management, continuity management, etc. This position will be located in Charlotte, NC. Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years minimum professional experience, with in-depth, technical understanding of core operational risk management concepts and methodologies, preferably having worked in risk management internal audit in a major bank/financial institution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with management at all levels
• Skilled in building team engagement, with the ability to provide quality coaching and mentoring to others
• Proven experience and competency in internal audit principles, practices, and methodologies, including: objectivity and independence, effective challenge, risk and control assessment, and risk-based auditing project management
• Ability to work in a fast paced, highly complex, results driven environment, and to quickly adapt to changes
• Experience in dealing with regulators and understanding their expectations in terms of documentation and coverage of relevant regulatory requirements Preferred:
• Proven knowledge of operational and technical environments of financial institutions including strong knowledge of financial products and applicable banking laws and regulations
• Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, FRM and/or other risk management certification
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing. Qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf