- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Vice President - IT Sourcing
Location: Charlotte, NC, USAThis position will be part of the Procurement and Sourcing organization and is responsible for leading a team of professionals responsible for sourcing Hardware and Telecom for the enterprise on a global basis. This position will manage and oversee Hardware and Telecom spend and support IT and business leaders in management of IT Vendor relationships for these categories. In addition to supporting project specific sourcing requirements, this position will be responsible for leading IT executives in the development and execution of category sourcing strategies and cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead the development of sourcing strategies for assigned categories by conducting assessment of Moody's current and future needs, analysis of market trends and potential suppliers, analysis of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and opportunities to leverage changes in processes, systems and product/services, and estimating timing and level of savings capture.
- Develop and Lead cross-functional teams to execute on sourcing strategy, improve processes, influence transformational long-term and revenue-generating projects,
- Extensive experience sourcing IT Infrastructure, Network and Telecommunications, related maintenance and service agreements, , and IT outsourcing
- Experience managing other Sourcing and Procurement professionals for a Fortune 100 company
- International sourcing and vendor management experience preferred
- Deep understanding of the application technology market landscape, vendor pricing and business practices, software revenue recognition, sales & marketing strategies and procurement processes
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at CXO levels while effectively interacting and communicating at all levels of the organization
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk from a company, project, business, financial and contractual perspective, including a working knowledge of legal terms and conditions, long-term impacts of various business terms and conditions
- Must possess the ability to concurrently manage the end to end process flows and requirements for multiple projects and priorities
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferred in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related.
- Preferred: 7-10+ years of experience in strategic telecommunications / carrier services and hardware sourcing with a Finance, Telecommunications, or technology firm
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Exceptional problem solving skills, willingness and ability to assemble and analyze complex data sets (e.g. carrier rate tables), and the ability to quickly build and sustain the strong internal relationships necessary to challenge business partners to obtain the best results for the firm.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership abilities to work with C level management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to handle multiple complex concurrent projects
- Extensive experience sourcing IT Infrastructure, Network and Telecommunications, related maintenance and service agreements, and IT outsourcing
- Clear understanding of telecommunications and networking concepts including familiarity with technical and industry terms and products. Required to be able to successfully interact with the position's primary internal customers, who are highly technical IT practitioners
- Clear understanding of contractual terminology, ability to quickly understand the company's risk tolerances, and the ability to synthesize this knowledge into a final contractual document.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.