Application Technology Lead
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 16 Dec 18
Application Technology Lead
Responsible for shared business service architecture, design, and quality solution artifacts in working across consumer, retail, small business, and wealth banking application domains. Documents and models reusable service APIs. Acts as a point of contact for service delivery and API portfolio management across projects at an enterprise level. Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders to align to strategy and future needs. Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor others. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Note, while this is not a development role, development-based tooling and service API implementation experience will be beneficial. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
• Effective working experience across Consumer, Small Business, Wealth Management, and Investment Banking products, business processes, data
• Strong experience in ETL Tools - IIS Data stage is required.
• Extensive hands on experience in UNIX shell scripting, complex SQL queries and with performance tuning queries.
• Strong knowledge of relational database design. Working knowledge of any one of these domains - Teradata, Vertica , DB2 - preferred.
• Must be a team player in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines
• Effectively communicate, listen, influence, and deliver quality in a demanding agile-driven environment
• Bachelors Degree
• Domain driven design with object-oriented and resource based domain models in financial services
• Knowledge in ETL Technology, Java, Python, MQ, Rule based engines is a plus.
• Application of IT Governance policies, Portfolio roadmapping, Release management, Metrics creation
• Competency in Architecture methods, API strategy, and Lean Agile delivery and optimization
• Working delivery experience with process modeling, information modeling, business analysis, business taxonomies, and data dictionaries
• Define and support architecture standards and principles for the enterprise
• Able to inspire change through persuasive documentation and presentations
• Hands on experience in Hadoop technologies - Hive, Spark
• Strong organizational awareness with prior experience across BAC/ML is desirable.
• Experience working with regulated financial organizations is a nice to have.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: