Annuity Sales Intern
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Annuity Sales Intern
2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Annuity Sales Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The purpose of each call made or taken by our Internal Sales team is to create a positive advisor experience and further develop sales opportunities for our Annuity Distribution team. We empower advisors and consumers by providing the solutions they need to help plan for their financial futures and make decisions with confidence.
As a Sales Desk Intern, you will work alongside experienced Internal Wholesalers and learn advanced sales techniques, communication skills, and territory management acumen to help you jumpstart your career. With a fast-paced but collaborative environment, Brighthouse Financial is a great place to further your professional development.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. Consideration for full time opportunities may be made available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
- Learn and convey the key attributes of our flagship products
- Participate in departmental orientation and other developmental opportunities offered throughout the program
- Gain an understanding of the role of the Internal Wholesaler, and can complete a final project based on your observations
- Assist with various initiatives and projects to ensure achievement of departmental goals and objectives
- Gain exposure to other areas of the business and understand how they fit together to achieve business goals and objectives
- Perform various assigned duties that are intended to provide experience and build skills for future development
- Prepare and deliver presentations throughout the program, culminating in a final presentation
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong sales and customer service orientation
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Number of Openings: