Analyst, Investment Operations
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
Analyst, Investment Operations
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Nuveen is seeking an Analyst, Investment Operations to support our Fixed Income Trading Operations group. The ideal candidate will function as an operations support analyst in the Global Securities Services area. This person will work as a part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing fixed income trading environment. The individual is expected to possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a thorough understanding of fixed income products and trading markets and the processes and tools to support them.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide support for fixed income trading desks for all asset types including: IG corporates, high-yield, US Treasury, repo and reverse repos, leveraged loans, emerging markets/foreign currency, structured and mortgage-backed securities.
- Provide oversight in relevant systems throughout the day and work with internal/external customers & service providers to quickly resolve any trade/settlement related issues;
- Communicate effectively with traders at all levels and build strong working relationships with them.
- Utilize trade entry systems, trade flow and storage systems, and trade processing systems effectively and efficiently to maximize productivity.
- Continuous improvement mindset to capitalize on straight through processing, speed and accuracy of systems and procedures; communicate in functional teams to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, and preserve and grow strong trading relationships with internal/external customers.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- BS/BA Degree
- Three to Five years of related fixed income investment operations experience
- Financial services experience preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Good understanding of operational risks and controls
- Team player, detail oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Self starter with a high level of energy
- Proficient utilization of Microsoft Excel and other MS OFFICE products
- Good communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of fixed income instruments
- Experience withOrder Management & Trade Processing Systems:(Bloomberg AIM, Omgeo/Oasys, BBH Infomediary)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.