Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
This position will be part of a team responsible for the financial reporting of Traditional and Non-Traditional Life products in the Life Valuation area. In general, this position will be responsible for analyzing the results of valuation calculations, maintaining the PolySystems and Prophet valuation tables, assisting in the Prophet conversion efforts, and delivering required and ad-hoc reporting to various stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Report results of valuation calculations. Verify and test reserve calculations.
- Perform monthly reserve analysis to verify reserve calculations. Explain reserve variances and interpret financial trends.
- Assist in the conversion of the PolySystem valuation models into Prophet models
- Modify validation models to assist various ad-hoc analyses.
- Prepare actuarial portions of the financial statements and the federal income tax.
- Answer ad-hoc questions pertaining to the reserves.
- Complete rating agency surveys according to the Financial Reporting Timetable.
- Respond to requests from regulators, auditors, and accountants.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related discipline.
- 1 actuarial exam required, 2 preferred.
- Pre- ASA.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and VBA. Computer programming experience in MatLab, C++ or other languages a plus.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Self-starter, results-driven, customer-focused and strong team player/builder
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.