- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Reporting to the Director of Acquisitions, the Acquisitions Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the general tax lien/loan acquisition process. The role will assist with investment making decisions and bidding strategies of the company. At various times throughout the year, the selected candidate will perform on-site due diligence and will attend auctions for delinquent property taxes.
- Evaluate properties using proprietary models and filters and a variety of computer-based models and tools
- Assist Director of Acquisitions with the general acquisitions process, as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented work ethic
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to effectively work in office and remote locations
- Proficiency with computers
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access at a minimum)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with the evaluation and underwriting of assets
- Gather Internet-based data and images from various jurisdictional websites and supplement prepared databases and models with this information
- Assist with maintaining a yearly and monthly calendar with upcoming acquisition events and communicate updates to Management
- Correspond by mail, phone, and email with many municipalities throughout the country
- Conduct on-site and in-office real estate due diligence
- Attend delinquent property tax auctions in various states and execute a specified plan of bidding per Management's instructions
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and at off-site locations when traveling is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of operations for the Acquisitions Department are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. All shifts include a one hour lunch. Working hours will vary from time to time and when travel is required. Weekend work may be required from time to time, especially during peak acquisition seasons.
This position requires travel throughout the year. Although the amount of travel varies by month, the position may involve substantial travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree at a minimum
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preference is given to degrees in Business, Information Technology, or similar fields