- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Accountant-Regulatory Reporting opportunity is responsible for coordination with internal stakeholders for information reported (i) within SEC filings for SEC registrants and (ii) within GAAP financial statements and other external reports for non-public entities, as well as analysis of such information for completeness and accuracy.
- Preparation of documentary support for all reported information, which includes business data, core financial statements, footnote disclosures, schedules as applicable
- Assist with collection of, and preparation of support for, ad hoc requests for various internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with other quarterly and year-end reporting tasks, such as status assessments, submission and production tracking, metrics, due diligence over internal controls and key information
- Involvement in project management whereby financial reporting objectives are continuously evaluated in relation to ongoing projects and changes in accounting guidance.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting and Financial Services
- Knowledge and experience in financial reporting (e.g., standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, slice-and-dice and drill-down reporting) to perform detailed analysis of financial statements
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft/Cubus (or similar general ledger application) and SAP
- 3+ Experience in financial reporting, SEC reporting or public accounting preferred
- Completion of, or working towards CPA highly desired
- Knowledge and experience working with life insurers' financial statement preparation a plus.