AVP Data Management
Job Description The Role
The AVP-Data Management is a data professional focusing on the oversight of the data processes for CFG, FIG, PPIF, Sovereign and SubSovereign Ratings Groups, both in terms of the data content utilized in the various business applications and in terms of data structure. Work closely with Analysts, database programmers, the ADM team, and the Data Governance team. Responsibilities
Deliver a future state framework for analytic data. Outcomes expected:
- Streamline analytic data operating model for all regions and fundamental sectors
- Clean analytic data landscape, well defined accountabilities, and consistent process
- Quality analytic data in a cost effective and timely manner
- Key components of the future state framework include Data Intake, Data Quality Control and Data storage, calculations and availability.
Business analysis in support of fundamental sector data and technology projects:
- Contributes to data and IT projects as a business-minded analyst
- Work with Analysts and other stakeholders to define, analyze, and document business requirements to help implement solutions consistent with needs of Rating Groups as well as MIS strategic objectives.
- Manage and support business and data requirements documentation
Data strategy and interpretation:
- Ensures the various business applications maintained by Rating Group and MIS Tech reference the correct data in the databases. Ensures consistent data structure and content across databases.
- Facilitate issue resolution, recording and tracking.
- Supports data requests/projects and helps to interpret data sets.
- Supports process & automation for analytic data sourcing, capture, extraction and enrichment (including non-traditional data)
- Proposes solutions to streamline data intake processes and other areas to enhance efficiencies in end to end process.
- Performs ad-hoc data/process analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed.
- Prepare and present to senior management on regular basis data quality reports. Implement and maintain data quality tracker
- Monitors latest technologies and market developments (e.g., XBRL in Europe, PDF extraction), develops strategy and plans for execution, and works with business and technical teams to implement
- Maintain a strong understanding of Moody's business processes and data needs as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and participate in filtering and prioritizing requests accordingly.
Engage with counterparts in ADM, ATS, and MIS Technology in areas of global coordination and governance
- Maintains and fosters close relationship with fundamental rating teams across different sectors and asset classes
- Day-to-day interaction with the development and business users to ensure data quality and client satisfaction.
- Work closely with Data Governance to ensure homogeneity of the data structures and guidelines. Implement Data Governance guidance. Enforces or sets best practices and works collaboratively with Data Governance and MIT in best practice development
- Contribute to appropriate Steering Committee meetings.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ year's financial industry experience
- Technical skills including an understanding of databases, and documentation of business and data requirements. Proficiency with SQL query writing in a relational database environment (Sybase or SQL Server preferred). Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA). Knowledge of current data intake technologies
- Analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively with the team and other areas within Moody's
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with business stakeholders, developers and senior management.
- Self-starter and results oriented, with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Experience in producing management presentations
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.