AVP - Disaster Recovery
Job Description ROLE:
This role will be responsible for working with our Business Unit and Development Partners to write Disaster Recovery plans, their successful execution, reporting and cross-functional coordination. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and execute scheduled Disaster Recovery tests with successful cross-functional coordination, enhanced documentation, change management and reporting.
- Maintain the knowledge (documentation), reports and other artifacts in a central repository (ServiceNow Knowledge base)
- Test and improve contingency procedures to cope with data centre power failure or other IT Failure scenarios.
- Test, validate and improve power resilience of all essential Services within the data centre and cloud ensuring resilience against a variety of failure scenarios.
- Test and validate the ability to recover and bring back into service the network infrastructure and systems within the data center in a controlled order within the Recovery Time Objectives.
- Improve the effectiveness of recovery procedures for power or other IT outages.
- Improve coordination and communication between customers, groups and departments during an incident.
- Update data center procedural documentation.
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- At least 7 years of industry experience with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in Service Management and Disaster Recovery/BCP Planning
- Proven track record executing BCP/DR tests for large financial or similar global firms.
- Proficiency in ITSM (ITIL v3 Foundation knowledge)
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow would be preferred
- Ability to apply ITIL best practices to complex problems and train others in these practices
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, decision making and planning skills
- Must be able to grasp the technical descriptions of events and accurately capture the important details and present them to the business in terms they understand
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills required. Must have the ability to effectively understand and communicate technical issues and their solutions to multiple stakeholder groups and influence their outcome
- Strong customer focus and follow-up skills
- Ability to think out of the box and learn fast
- This is not a 9 am to 5 pm job. Candidate must be willing to work during non-standard business hours and weekend - on demand and onsite, as necessary, particularly during planned (and unplanned) Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning Testing
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.