AVP - Business Systems Manager
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for supporting the goals of the Central IT organization, by planning, execution, and completion of assigned projects and initiatives within the Financial Systems team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a creative and design-centric approach and able to manage multiple Financial systems. They are expected to contribute to the development and growth of the SAP platform support function, by providing overall functional direction and guidance to support the integration and optimization of SAP enabled business processes from demand to delivery and working in partnership with SAP CoE.
- Coordinate and facilitate IT projects and ongoing maintenance and enhancement releases across business partners within the SAP COE
- Apply expertise across the software development life cycle (SDLC), lead project sessions such as SCRUM calls, estimation, scheduling/planning. Serve as mentor/coach to others on the team in this capacity.
- Ability to plan and forecast SAP Demand to Delivery (D2D) including requirements, design, build, conversion, QA, UAT and training if applicable. Communicate and assign cross project team members to the planned tasks. Monitor and adjust to ensure the success
- SAP COE Partnership with finance department leads; G/L, AP, AM, Concur, Vertex/Tax, etc. (P2P) Procure to Pay initiative management via D2D
- Engage business and IT stakeholders to collect and facilitate requirements through release management
- Lead and facilitate the CAB (Customer Advisory Board) SAP process
- Support/coordination of enhancements, configuration, development, upgrades in support of Moody's business
- Create and manages resource plans by providing strategic and tactical resource forecasting, providing predictive analysis of resource demands
- Effectively communicate with key program stakeholders on status, risks and issues and demonstrate sound judgment regarding escalation.
- Demonstrate maturity in dealing with all levels of business and IT management and strengthen relationships across business by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Drive issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation, change and dependency management.
- Utilize negotiation skills to drive team members and executives to make decisions in a timely manner in order to deliver project/enhancements as to agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Evaluate problem/incident management performance.
- Support and lead incident and change management, application patching, core release upgrades and cross technical updates.
- Ensure that the required SOX controls are in-place, and are captured adequately and effectively throughout the SDLC
- Vendor management, stakeholder management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- In-depth SAP functional configuration application knowledge
- Proven leader with outstanding interpersonal, communication, and effective relationship building skills at all levels within an organization. Must have experience presenting to management teams and providing status updates.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
- Proven ability to work within a large enterprise that spans multiple continents, is governed by change management and has a tiered support model.
- Organizationally agile (i.e., the ability to work well with various levels and functions within the Company).
- Effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- A high level of motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond to tight deadlines and exercise excellent judgment in setting priorities for own work, and the work of any direct reports.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, to create and maintain documentation repositories that are appropriately controlled and useable by others, while managing multiple requests and deadlines at the same time.
- A self-starter, solution-oriented team player with leadership skills, and a desire to grow their career.
- Excellent MS Office skill set; Excel, SharePoint, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
- Ability to analyze and challenge current working methods to create improvements in processes and result. Strong change agent and champion of key change efforts across broader IT organization and ability to create clarity where ambiguity exists.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.