AVP – Cloud - Site Reliability Engineering
Job Description This is a challenging position within the Moody's Cloud Engineering & Operations team, working across lines of business and technology teams. You'll be responsible for cloud systems architecture, automation and application deliver, supporting a wide variety of technologies across Moody's hybrid cloud platforms.
- Help implement the vision and strategy for API Gateway, service mesh, API Management, inter-service communication products, and authentication and authorization protocols, provide product thought leadership in identifying critical customer requirements, understand business goals, and define product roadmaps
- Define cloud architecture/patterns for application delivery, including HA/DR patterns and necessary systems and processes to ensure operational resiliency at scale
- Work with business and technology teams to define scalable, cloud-native solutions for application delivery
- Write code for cloud infrastructure
- Guide teams with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Write code for application and cloud operations
- Provide world-class support across cloud engineering, operations and applications
- Provide detailed, high-quality communication and documentation
- Track projects and tasks in JIRA
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in IT industry in relevant area, with at least 2 years of experience supporting workloads in public cloud environments, preferably AWS
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience supporting applications and platforms within public cloud environments
- Application delivery and cloud automation experience using Python
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes
- Experience interacting with APIs to automate processes
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Configuration Management and Automation (Chef, Puppet, Ansible), Ansible preferred
- API Management Platform: API Gateway,Apigee
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Compute: EC2, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk
- Storage: S3, EFS, FSx
- Database: RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticache
- Security: IAM, Secrets Manager
- Network: VPC + networking (subnets, routes), Route53
- Management: CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config
- Code: CloudFormation (YAML, JSON), Python, Shell, Powershell, Groovy (Jenkins)
- Jenkins, GitHub Actions
- Git, GitHub, BitBucket
- Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker
- Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Amazon Linux)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.