AVP-Architecture (Lead Data Modeler)
We are seeking a highly experienced Architect with Data Modeling skills and thorough Financials & HR systems background to join our Enterprise Solutions Architecture team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, participating in and consulting on the data architecture, design and develop data models and implementation of models across Business Warehouse & Analytics projects of various sizes & complexity. The data modeler will support our software engineers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout projects. The candidate must have a proven ability to drive technology, data & analytics initiative projects and provide leadership for a team of architects in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment as well as perform in a hands on architecture & development capacity.
- Design and develop the data models across various functional areas
- Deliver robust data models for analytics and reporting solutions that are scalable and easy to maintain.
- Develop and maintain an integrated, subject-oriented, predominantly conceptual and logical data model that represents essential data produced and consumed across the enterprise for a domain.
- Extract data from a wide variety of data sources within enterprise solutions including Finance and HR systems etc.,
- Lead proofs of concept and prototype work of leading and emerging data technologies.
- Ensures the enterprise data is structured for ease of use.
- Strong relational and dimensional data modeling and information classification expertise.
- Develops, manages and updates the data models, including conceptual and logical data models of the business warehouse, data mart and staging area and sometimes the operational data store and data source systems.
- Accountable for solutions in the supported functional area by safeguarding the data model consistency, the data flows process structure and the data integrity.
- Provide guidance to business, solution development and operations teams in applying leading and emerging data technologies.
Qualifications Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required
- 10+ years related work experience in data modeling with experience with logical design demonstrated with large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Logical Design demonstrated with large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise.
- 4+ years of experience in SAP Business Intelligence solutions (experience with SAP BW, SAP Hana and SAP Analytics Cloud is preferable)
- A proven track record in designing and delivering complex SAP BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations
- Experience in data modeling, harmonizing, cross functional integrations, optimizations, supporting enhancements, troubleshooting support issues.
- Experience with applied design techniques for optimizing models for operational, reporting, analysis and distribution data needs.
- Subject matter expertise on SAP landscapes and related architecture.
- Experience developing solutions with mix of structured, semi-structured and unstructured information.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Good communication and written skills
Preferred Candidates should also have experience with the following specific technologies:
- ER Studio/any other data modeling or profiling software.
- Technology subject matter expert implementing data modeling techniques for Data Warehousing in SAP Business Warehouse.
- Proficient in ER design, Dimensional Design, Canonical design, Object design, UML.
- SAP HANA Modeling.
- Working experience with Agile methodology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.