Software Engineer- AVP
- Cary, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 18 Feb 19
* Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications * Demonstrated hands on experience using Oracle PL/SQL * Demonstrated hands on experience using Java or willingness to learn Java * Experience with data modeling in an RDBMS a plus * Experience gathering basic performance measures of applications a plus
Job Title: Software Engineer Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President Location: Cary, NC
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
GTO pioneers technologies and re-engineers business processes to deliver exceptional levels of innovation and world-class client service. From moving trillions of Euros through a business every day to integrating two organizations after a major acquisition, we face the technological challenges caused by growth, market change and constant competition.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver best-in-class products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop innovative collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, their expertise and their passion for our business.
Global Technology, part of Group Technology & Operations, is the technology division of Deutsche Bank. Global Technology (GT) delivers world-class IT services and solutions which provide competitive advantage for the Bank and help maintain its market-leading position.
Deutsche Bank Global Technology (DBGT), located near the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina, is a software development center that presents a startup feel within the larger Deutsche Bank organization. DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center that supports the Bank to access leading technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and leading-edge IT solutions. DBGT has a number of groups developing leading-edge technology solutions.
Securities Shared Services is responsible for Securities Processing, covering Cash Equities & Fixed Income Back Office product technology strategy and delivery. This includes Clearing, Settlement, Custody, Asset Services, Fund Services, and Agency Lending across the Investment Bank (CB&S) and Global Transaction Banking (GTB) divisions.
The Securities Shared services team implements and maintains eSpear - the firm's global back/middle office platform for equities. It is one of three "Platinum" applications which are critical to running of the Investment Bank. Sitting within Trade Lifecycle, the eSpear team has a requirement for a Software Development Engineer to drive the design and implementation of the application platforms used to deliver various business critical deliverables.
Ability and desire to work on our legacy platform and future state implementations is a must.
You will be responsible for driving the design and implementation of business critical deliverables as defined by our stakeholders. Deliverables will include new regulatory and market mandatory business requirements with potential to work on strategic platform modernization projects. Ability and desire to work on both our legacy platform and future state implementations is a must.
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications
- Demonstrated hands on experience using Oracle PL/SQL
- Demonstrated hands on experience using Java or willingness to learn Java
- Strong relationship-building /interpersonal skills is required
- Experience with Spring, Apache Camel, and development of microservices a plus
- Experience with data modeling in an RDBMS a plus
- Experience gathering basic performance measures of applications a plus
- Experience with Mercator/ETL tools a plus
- Experience with JMS (Solace/MQ) messaging technologies a plus
- Embraces using unit/integration testing as a standard development practice
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a high-pressure environment
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be self-directed, pro-active, results-driven and able to work in a diverse global team
- Demonstrate ability to question and challenge where necessary to change the status quo
Education / Qualification:
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent diploma/work experience)