Job Description: Job Title
Production Engineer Corporate Title
Cary, NC Who we are
In short - an essential part of Deutsche Bank's technology solution, developing applications for key business areas.
Our Technologists drive Cloud, Cyber and business technology strategy while transforming it within a robust, hands-on engineering culture. Learning is a key element of our people strategy, and we have a variety of options for you to develop professionally. Our approach to the future of work champions flexibility and is rooted in the understanding that there have been dramatic shifts in the ways we work.
Having first established a presence in the Americas in the 19th century, Deutsche Bank opened its US technology center in Cary, North Carolina in 2009. Learn more about us here . Overview
At Deutsche Bank, we're passionate about building solutions that are meaningful and highly statable and scalable. We are currently seeking an experienced professional to expand our Production Engineering team. As a Senior Engineer, you are responsible for the stability and reliability of the application platforms by ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly and that systems/applications are working as expected. As the owner of the production platform, you will manage for expeditious and timely resolution of the production issues, ensuring minimal downtimes, and continuity of services and will need to lead delivery of other team members and control their work where applicable. Furthermore, you will participate on the investigations, identification of the toils, and manual efforts and will be empowered to creatively develop new solutions to evolving challenges. What We Offer You
What You'll Do
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model with up to 60% work from home, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days, a commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Access to a strong network of Communities of Practice connecting you to colleagues with shared interests and values
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits, educational resources, matching gift and volunteer programs
Skills You'll Need
- Regional accountability for production support services across the application portfolio, strategic thinker, a team leader, take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the Production team, the drive towards Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), along with strong prioritization and risk management bias
- Manage major incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and working to minimize impact wherever possible
- Build up subject matter expertise on the applications being supported (including business flows, the architecture of the application, and the hardware configuration), Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the Business stakeholders, engineering colleagues, vendor teams, and infrastructure
- Ensure incidents and service requests are resolved to the best of Level 2's (L2) ability and ensure any escalations to Level 3 (L3) are kept to an absolute minimum, drive root cause investigations to provide the relevant feedback into Incident, Problem, and Change management processes
- Provide technical and thought leadership to the team in the context of incident and service request management, ensure adequate monitoring to ensure application Service Level Agreements (SLA)/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and maximum application availability (uptime) are achieved
- Assist in the process to approve all new releases and production configuration changes, keep stakeholders informed and ensure the production Non Financial Risk (NFRs) (production readiness criteria) are included/considered. Helping knowledge management ensuring support runbooks and knowledge articles are kept up to date. Help to drive a pro-active and predictive approach to support within the team adapting to Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) techniques
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Experience in migrating on premises application to cloud, supporting cloud applications, and working with relational database management systems
- Knowledge of how to navigate and troubleshoot issues on these systems and technologies (for technical thought leadership), experience of using monitoring and scheduling tools such as Geneos, Netcool, Control-M and/or Autosys
- Proficiency using Service Management tools (e.g., ServiceNow, JIRA, etc.) and service monitoring tools
- Experience with Data transformation/dataflow processing (any Big Data technologies may suffice), Cloud platform, and observability tools/techniques, and SRE framework
- Familiarity with DevOps qualification and experience of design and implementation of DevOps to enable the scale, predictable, and seamless promotion of deliveries into a user environment, exposure to any cloud hosted solution and monitoring solutions, exposure to BFSI domain/IB Captive setup
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience up to the most senior level, Team lead experience in Information Technology (IT) support, and interacting with application end users
- Experience working in large corporate environments / financial institutions (preferably investment banking, in Global delivery set up). Ability to adapt to a changing environment and drive change, self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently where required
- Ability to drive forward production transformation agenda (incl. automation, AI / ML solutions) fostering production engineering culture, Experience working in large corporate environments / financial industry
- Bachelors' Degree with a concentration in computer science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience or diploma); experienced in ITIL/DevOps/SRE best practices for supporting a production environment (e.g., ITIL v3 foundation certification, DevOps certification/Cloud Certification)
- Adaptable/flexible to changing situations, exposure to Agile methodologies; experienced in influencing/engaging stakeholders to understand/support production strategy, risks, or challenges, a good problem solver with very good analytical skills, Able to deliver results, measure success, and seek to continually develop team and individual performance, Able to collaborate with multiple teams in IT and the Busines
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
The salary range for this position in Cary is $75,000 to $110,000. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of renumeration.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion. Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice, please email HR.Direct@DB.com . Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more! #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE #LI-ONSITE
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .