Technical Program Manager - Release Management
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Technical Program Manager - Release Management
The Decision Management Platform (DMP) program features a high volume, real time decision processing platform which leverages business rules and dynamic AI models to protect Mastercard's network against Fraudulent activities. Processing up to a billion transactions in a single day, the DMP platform is one of the highest volume technology platforms in the tech industry (Twice as many transactions as there are "tweets" in a day). We're looking for high energy, passionate individuals who want to be part of a fast-growing technology program focused on delivering high quality products at scale to prevent payments Fraud across the globe.
Lead Technical Program Manager - Release Management
• Responsible for managing DMP releases across the entirety of the lifecycle from the inception of a business requirement through the deployment of an artifact.
• Proactively manages the synchronization of delivery dependencies within and outside the program, to ensure quality deliverables and adherence of aggressive release schedules.
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are highlighted and addressed by owning teams.
• Operates across development, product, and operations support overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues that would introduce risk to a release.
• Plan and manage release activities across a group of platform components and customer facing products in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Work across multiple scrum teams and cross-cutting across products, to ensure alignment of release deliverables.
• Align dependent organizations, and remove/mitigate all release blocking issues
• Work with the dev and product teams to ensure that the release packages pass all quality gates (QA, Operational Health) and have proper operational support handoffs with DevOps and Customer Support.
• Help facilitate trade-off decisions by considering all data points including: business goals, customer commitments, regulatory mandates, and timeline dependencies.
• Facilitate review of release candidates for patch releases/hot fixes and make fact-based recommendations to senior management on any risks or opportunities.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels - and manage their resolution.
• Review and audit deployable artifacts versioning, to check for any errors or conflict to expected release versions.
• Facilitate a variety of release ceremonies including change review board, release status, release readiness reviews, go/no go, implementation plan reviews, and release retrospectives.
• Partner with program development teams, product owners, and DevOps to establish roadmaps to drive continuous improvement in release process to increase our speed to market and release agility while maintaining a high degree of quality.
• Author and publish a variety of release communications including: pre-release, release execution, and post release communications to promote transparency across a variety of audiences.
• Produce technical documentation, release notes, and facilitate the publication of product training materials.
• Regularly review metrics and proactively ensure your program stays aligned with organization objectives
• Deep understanding of the component interaction and high-level design of the services leveraged in the DMP ecosystem.
• Proven track record of successful delivery in a large-scale complex technology ecosystem.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to drive concise messaging across a variety of audiences.
• Strong knowledge of industry best release management processes, and release automation frameworks.
• History of managing multiple large-scale releases in parallel.
• Illustrated history of data driven decision making, and ability to facilitate and/or influence decisions of others based on data points and metric indicators.
• Strong understanding of QA/QE principals and best practices
• Strong understanding of SAFe (scaled agile framework) and SDLC (software development life cycle). Experience with CA - Rally preferred
•Strong understanding of ITIL/ITSM, experience with BMC Remedy preferred.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.