Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Software Development Engineer
Have you ever wanted to live life on the cutting edge of technology?
Do you have full stack experience and a special love for infrastructure?
Are you passionate about making real and lasting change?
As a member of the Software Defined Network (SDN) Platform team, you will manage the full lifecycle of SDN services for Traditional and Cloud Native platforms. As a "militantly automated" team, we work in Source Control and let pipelines drive our work. You will participate on a team that designs, builds, and runs world-class and leading edge networking technology on virtualized platforms.
* Manage pipeline models and automation to deploy/update environments using modern tools
* Concourse (CI/CD pipeline), Terraform (infrastructure model management)
* Scripting with bash and API clients using cURL and jq
* Understand and apply software development concepts to machinery that manages the network
* Use git and your choice of IDE to define and manipulate configuration
* Create and participate in peer code reviews through pull requests
* Ongoing evaluation and improvement of our SDN design
* Monitor the environment with leading edge tools
* Actively find the best way to operate the platform... and move us in that direction
* Work with the traditional network teams to produce the best designs possible
* Triage and ownership of incidents related to the SDN
* Support what we build - either by machine or by hand
* Proficiency beyond web UI and command-line work
* Work with partners and external vendors to ensure all needs are addressed
* We are on the cutting edge, so often need to work with vendors to drive forward
* Work across internal IT teams to resolve complex issues
* File and follow up on bugs and feature enhancements needed for industrialization of our offerings
* Change management, compliance and execution, with a strong focus on process management
* We document every solution to build an internal Knowledge Base usable globally
* Comply with change management procedures and integrate with existing systems
* Ensure consistent auditability of the system and of changes to the platform
The ideal candidate:
* Has a degree or similar in IT / Web Network Technologies.
* Is interested in working on cutting-edge containerization technologies like Docker, Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes
* Is familiar with CI/CD topics and development methodologies including pipelines, pull requests, git, command line, etc
* Is comfortable with networking concepts/architecture and displays proficiency in routing, switching, NAT and network services such as load balancers
* Displays willingness and aptitude to learn
* Has a proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Familiar with VMware NSX-T and/or NSX-V and has a good understanding of the VMware stack
* Is able to produce quality technical documentation
* Has good communication skills and is eager to work on an awesome team
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.