Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Software Development Engineer
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing payment solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Candidate will define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Candidate will develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to MasterCard's specifications and provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to MasterCard staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Co-ordinate external development and manage day to day activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Knowledge / Experience:
• Intermediate experience in delivering Digital/e-commerce applications is strongly preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Key Technology Areas:
• Object-oriented design and programming
• Java, J2EE, Java Messaging Service
• Open source frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
• Oracle, PL/SQL, JDBC
• Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL)
• Object-oriented design and programming Preferred Knowledge:
• Near Field Communications (NFC)
• Mobile Secure Element knowledge
• Digital/e-commerce applications
• Agile development methodology
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.