Senior Counsel, Operations & Technology
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Counsel, Operations & Technology
Mastercard, a technology company in the global payments industry, is seeking an attorney to join our global Operations & Technology legal team focused on driving innovative legal support for important technology initiatives, transactions and operations. The team works closely with partners across Mastercard in technology, operations, data, security, product and regional teams, as well as other colleagues in the law department.
This front-line position will interface with internal and external stakeholders and provide legal support for Mastercard's Operations & Technology business unit. This includes drafting and negotiating technology contracts and advising on technology initiatives relating to enterprise architecture, technology operations, information security, data and other matters.
The position will be based in O'Fallon, Missouri or Arlington, Virginia.
• Advise on deal structure, draft and negotiate agreements, and counsel on contractual rights, responsibilities and disputes.
• Provide strategic guidance on important technology initiatives relating to enterprise architecture, technology operations, information security, data and other matters.
• Foster and build strong relationships with business stakeholders and law department colleagues to promote cross-functional collaboration, as well as ensure seamless legal advice and support to achieve positive results for Mastercard.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts in data privacy, intellectual property, regulatory/public policy, franchise, information security, tax, finance, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology and agreements are consistent with applicable law, corporate strategy and internal policies and procedures. • Participate in internal and external thought leadership activities and other team-related matters.
All About You:
• Demonstrated technology transactional experience gained at a leading law firm with a proven technology practice. In-house experience is a plus.
• Communication skills are critical, including fluency working with, coordinating and driving a variety of global legal and non-legal expert teams. Presence, credibility and agility to interact with and influence colleagues across functional skillsets and seniority levels.
• Significant experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
• Familiarity with enterprise architecture, technology operations, information security and data.
• Cross-functional project leadership experience.
• Proactive, results-driven, prompt and adept at managing competing demands. Exercise good legal and business judgment while working to identify, develop, draft, negotiate, drive and implement creative business-oriented solutions.
• Aside from being a proven individual contributor, must be able to work as part of a team and have strong collaborative skills.
• Law degree from an established and reputable university and appropriate bar admission in good standing.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.