Senior Business Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Business Analyst
• Been the victim of credit card fraud and thought, "I want vengeance!" Yeah, we get it.
• Want to feel your spine tingle by thwarting credit card fraudsters across the globe?
• Interested in creating innovative software for combating scammers?
The Security and Decision Solutions team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10X faster than you can blink. The Senior Business Analyst will play a critical role in creating new product functionality within this platform including world-class backend and consumer-facing features.
• Work with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, high volume Java fraud management applications
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to help develop junior employees
• Work closely with technical leads to define features, elaborate user stories and acceptance criteria, and story point estimates in a SAFe/Agile methodology format
• Facilitate JAD sessions and lead review sessions of technical requirements/stories
• Assists with analysis of support ticket issues
• Hunger for Systems and Technical knowledge - constantly analyzing and innovating new, better approaches to our systems
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative
• Relevant experience on IT projects including requirements gathering and relationship building with business clients
• Knowledge of Java, design patterns, debugging
• Able to lead project teams, collaborate with business partners, vendor/ consulting organizations and peer level professionals from other IT disciplines
• Able to mentor/grow less experienced team members
• Experienced with system testing and basic debugging techniques
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in a collaborative (Agile) environment
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
• Nice to have that will set you apart - proven experience in developing cloud ready microservices
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.