Director, Data Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Director, Data Engineering
Data Engineering group is part of our Global Data Warehouse program, we enable a variety of teams at Mastercard to build data products. This team is responsible for ingesting and curating data sets in a reliable manner. The director position will focus on data governance, lineage and quality functions
- Lead engineering and delivery of enterprise data catalog
- Collaborate with chief data office to create business glossary and implement rule based data governance
- Lead capabilities that enhance data quality data and prevent bad data propagation to downstream processes
- Contribute to org wide initiatives around Machine Learning and Automation
- Lead engineering and delivery of data lineage capabilities intended to trace data usage across Mastercard Platforms
- Acts as a business owner and manages long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for a products within data warehouse
- The role will work with cross-functional, geographically-distributed teams to ensure successful design, development, and delivery of unified data platform
All About You
- Demonstrated track record in managing data engineering teams and building data products
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Results oriented, working with a sense of urgency; ability to execute and deliver timely and accurately
- Experience translating and applying customer feedback (internal, external) to lead deliver platforms leveraged by multiple business units
- A problem-solving attitude and a willingness to tackle different challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all layers of an organization
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.