Decision On Demand Underwriter-3
The Credit Underwriter SAFE Act performs relatively complex assignments. Has direct impact on the business by ensuring the quality of the tasks or services provided. Works under little to no direct supervision. May service an expansive and/or diverse array of products/services. Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives. Understands how assigned duties contribute to the work of the team/unit and how the units coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve the objectives of the function. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. May recommend new options to enhance productivity in accordance with guidelines. Requires tact and diplomacy when exchanging complex or sensitive information with others. Is sensitive to audience diversity. Basic knowledge of the organization, the business and its policies required. Typically responsible for resolving basic to moderately complex problems based on practice and precedence. Able to assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures. Responsibilities:
- Underwrites individual loans in strict accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Exchanges complex or sensitive information with others.
- Resolves basic to moderately complex problems based on practice and precedence.
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal staff and external customer by explaining credit decision and offering alternative options when needed.
- Renders sound credit decisions.
- Applies basic research, information gathering and analysis skills to factual information.
- Applies basic judgment based on practice and precedence.
- Additional training will be required in order for completion of the underwriting qualification test.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years relevant underwriting experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures. As part of this registration process, you must be fingerprinted unless you have fingerprints are on file with NMLS Registry that are less than 3 years old. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting