Internal Control Specialist
Collaborate in the design and maintenance of the internal control framework for the Group and locally for the Shared Service Center;
Support continuous improvement of effective control environment and efficient processes flows for the Group and locally for the Shared Service Center.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills: Mandatory
• Bachelor or Master degree level in Business economics, Audit, Accountancy or equivalent.
• Minimum of 7-9 years in internal audit or combination of external/internal audit, preferable with a strong component of business process re-engineering
• Ability to think "outside of the box" and identify improvement opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls
• Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
• Ability to act successfully in an international business and multicultural context
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with varying levels of the organization
• Independent, flexible team player with strong analytical and influencing skills and conceptual thinker
• Taking ownership and accountability and comfortable to work in a pressured environment.
• Knowledge of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
• Willingness to travel regularly Desirable
• Oil/Metals/Commodity Trading/Financial Markets business experience
• IT audit experience
• SOX experience
• Knowledge of accounting guidance (IFRS), accounting processes, financial instruments and derivatives
• CIA, CISA, CCSA, IIA, or similar certifications
Key Responsibilities: Internal control responsibilities
• Analyze and document operational and financial reporting processes, identification of process risks and mitigating controls;
• Test key controls and assist on implementing remediation worldwide;
• Verify adherence to policies and assess how effective procedures, control and systems are to support such policy on a daily basis;
• Verify the usage of the system and suggest improvements to ensure continuous improvement and further automation. Offices and projects reviews
• Verify how local management manages local risks and general adherence to control best practices.
• Verify that projects that are investment intensive are properly structured in responsibilities, have proper monitoring of deliverables completion, maintain reliable and periodic reporting process, and are supported by trustworthy tools/systems.
• Verify that system implementations follow the planned schedule, deliver the expected benefits and are executed within budget.
• Ad-hoc reviews as required by the Internal Control plan.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.