To draft and review sale and purchase agreements and related documents for concentrates and bulk commodities to ensure that Trafigura is fully and legally protected. To provide advice to traders and operators highlighting any potential problems that may arise as a result of the contract, and suggesting remedies to reduce such risks.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
• Advanced student/Graduated in Law, Translation, International Business/Relations or similar
• Fluent in English (is a MUST);
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and meet required deadlines;
• Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Accurate and efficient working style;
• Ability to think commercially.
• Good understanding of Legal Clauses applicable to physical bulk contracts (including force majeure, limitation of liability, assignability, default and liquidation, waivers etc)
• Draft and review commercial contracts and related documents;
• Ensure that contracts are consistent with the business confirmation;
• Track contracts from booking through to signature to ensure all contracts are countersigned. •
Processing and reviewing of contractual amendments, including the countering of commercial terms, operational terms, payment provisions, laytime and demurrage provisions, and legal provisions
• Liaising with traders, operators and other internal departments highlighting potential risks in the transactions and providing advice to reduce the same
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.